GH: Is Kirsten Storms returning?

• Members

I don't think early Spixie was toxic. I think the element that tanked them was Spinelli could never be free of Jason, so HE couldn't grow. By extension then, everyone thing attached to Spinelli was stunted. Sam has/had the same problem, and has thrived without Jason. It will be interesting to see how Spixie can develop now that the good guys - whom Maxie was always part of - are given the upper hand.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They seem the same to me. Spinelli treats Maxie like a toy, obsessing over her, and then raging every time she doesn't remember her place. He's almost killed her, he's verbally abused her, and yet this is always told from his point of view, and he's always a special little angel.

• Members

During that long ugly argument they had which was about him feeling he wasn't good enough for her, or whatever. It should have ended then, especially since she seemed to realize just what a reject he is.

• Members

Lucky you. It was an ugly scene, after they had sex, or something, I don't know. The show never should have put them back together, as the scene made it clear why they were not a good couple and how they only hurt each other. Unfortunately it's been this way ever since - Maxie is meaningless because of this whimpering frog.

• Members

I think Spin was a new type of pairing for Maxie, and brought out her sense of self and started her appreciating her own intellect. Jesse was probably one of her best early pairings, but the others were co-dependent at best. Like most pairings on GH, they were tanked because they ultimately didn't worship the reigning principle that the only people written for would be the Unholy Trinity. I'm really hoping for a return to some couples - like Spixie and LuNacy - who had really good early years then fell apart due to neglect and rehashing.

• Members

What position are they going to give her? She plays Maxie. It's not like they can create a new role for her when she has been playing a "prominent" character for more of less 5 years or so now.

Maxie was destroyed far before that point. She was destroyed when she started selling her self for drugs, using her body to get what she wanted at all opportune times, taking advantage of drug addicts and faking pregnancies. Maxie has been a complete mess since KS started the role by way of Guza (for obvious reasons) everything else she has done has been relatively light since then.

• Members

Surprsingly I dont think the pill pushing skank phase destroyed her. It did do damage, but I think she recovered once they reinvented her as a fashionista. Thats when KS really started to work as Maxie for me, when she became Kate's apprentice

• Members

Lord not every character is destroyed for every bad act they do. If that's the case characters like Sami Brady and Phyllis Newman would be long gone. The drug pushing story, Maxie faking a pregnancy, her screwing around with Lulu was during the time they tried to make her a vixen and trouble maker. Problem is I think while the most interesting writing the character had, KS's Maxie is no vixen. It's why it never worked.

Spixie is an infantile pairing. Perhaps that's where KS's Maxie belongs because other than Jessie, she's never worked with anyone else.

Archived