GH: Is Kirsten Storms returning?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are both interchangeable to me. With that said, I say keep JL in the role. GH has changed and its moved forward and KS was part of the Guza vision of the show. It would kinda feel odd to have her when JL has been representing Maxie post RC/FV takeover if that makes sense.

• Members

That is true, they could be facing some serious legal issues if Kirsten wants to return. I'm not a big GH fan, but I watch occasionally and liked JL as Maxie. It seems to make the most sense to keep her on, but they may not have a choice legally if Kirsten wants to return. Not sure what her contract status is and they always said "medical leave"

• Members

Orlando’s Kirsten Storms is rejoining “General Hospital,” her mother says.

“She is returning to ‘GH’ the end of this month actually in her role of Maxie. She’s happy and excited to be back,” Karen Storms said in an email Friday afternoon.

Kirsten Storms as been on medical leave since September. She has been with “GH” since 2005.

What do you say, soap fans?

“GH” airs at 3 p.m. weekdays on WFTV-Channel 9.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/06/general-hospital-kirsten-storms-returning-mom-says.html

Is she still considered on contract, cause if JL, then does KS even have any legal standing

• Members

Someone cannot go on medical leave indefinitely and expect their job back. Much of it depends on state law but I also dont know if AFTRA provides protection. In most cases you are entitled to so many weeks of medical leave before an employer has the right to permanently replace the position.

Jen Lilly if I recall also had no desire to move from recurring to contract which may work out to KS's benefit.

• Members

I'm pretty sure in an interview she said she was offered it but wanted to keep her options open. She's having success outside of the show so I don't blame her for not wanting to be locked in. Matt/JC is gone anyway Nd she actually had more chem with him than KS did. If they are revisiting That awful Spinelli pairing with Maxie more power to bringing KS back.

• Members

Usually they add the time off to the the end of the contract. im not 100% sure how it works with the unions, but in general in CA unless it is a major henderence to the employer it does secure your job. I know someone who was a medical leave for almost 3 years and the company tried to not him come back and he won a massive lawsuit.

Likely just to hold her down, even if she was it doesnt elimante kirstens contract.

• Members

Kirsten went on medical leave but her contract expired while she was gone. She will have to re-sign with the show but I'm pretty sure her medical leave is still a valid legal argument regardless.

Jen was on contract went she started (probably 13 weeks) but she's been recurring for a month or two now so there's no issue with her.

Archived