GH: Is Kirsten Storms returning?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Year after year has been spent on this frog verbally abusing Maxie, trying to kill her, and shaming her, all while she is nothing more than the tarnished angel who can never live up to his expectations. The one attempt at another story - "Jackal PI" - was a huge ratings flop.

If Bradford Anderson was not one of Steve Burton's pals, he would be long gone.

• Members

I'm disappointed in this news. I thought Jen Lilley was a good actress. I enjoyed watching Jason and Kirsten on Days, so when Jason joined GH I tried to watch for awhile. I found Maxie too annoying to continue watching for very long. Granted, I wasn't a GH fan to begin with, but I really did not enjoy Kirsten in that role. I did watch for awhile with JL in the role, and I thought she did a good job. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the character, though, and I'm not familiar enough with the show to understand the history there.

• Members

Your definition of ruined is an odd one to me. Maxie slutting it up with Franco and Johnny did absolutely nothing for her character in terms of giving her notice or defining who she was. Her pairing with Spinelli is actually one of the best things about Kristen's Maxie and it's one of her most definitive pairings she has ever had and likely will ever have. You can hate them together but Spinelli is a big reason why Maxie became viable after they completely gutted the character early on by making her a drug pusher and virtual prostitute/pimp for Lucky and eviscerating the good girl portion of her character. If not for Spinelli, her comedic supporting role in Spixie and her internship/job in Crimson, Maxie likely would have ended up written out and disgraced like bad girls Rebecca and Brooklyn were. Maxie is defined by those things once you remove them you have virtually no character.

• Members

"Spixie" was usually about two damaged people abusing each other.

Georgie and Coop being murdered were the last good stories she had. Everything since then has been repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, of the damaged self-loathing bitch who is enabled by her special angel Spin.

• Members

In the early days there were presented as something much lighter and funnier then that. They gave KS' material to highlight her comedic timing which a lot of viewers went for. Regardless Spinelli is the reason viewers warmed up to KS' Maxie in the first place, he is the reason she is where she is today. Without interacting with him it could easily be said that Maxie would have been driven out of town just like all the other bad girls were during Guza's time penning GH. Spinelli redeemed Maxie's character, and it's the only popular pairing she has ever had -- it's her most definitive relationship by far romantically. That needs to be recognized. Without Spinelli to soften her she would have just been a one dimensional bitch with no redeeming qualities and we know what happens to those on GH.

• Members

Maxie was a one-dimensional bitch most of the time even with Spinelli.

If they didn't need a Spinelli prop, I think Maxie would have gone some time back. Other than bitching at women she has no other purpose.

• Members

And GH, under Guza, GW & now RC, thrives on people, women included, bitching at other women. It could also (easily) be argued that nearly every single character serves no purpose as the show has been for years and is still today totally plot driven. All of the characters, esp the women, are totally interchangeable.

• Members

Definitely. So I say just write Maxie out. Since Spinelli is only there because of Steve Burton, pair him with someone equally pathetic, like Comedy Connie. Or Lulu. I don't really care, as long as it's someone I don't want to see.

Archived