DAYS: Actress leaving

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!

I like both Molly Burnett and Melanie, but there has been a lot of mishandling of the character. IMO, they softened her and turned her into a romantic heroine too soon. They turned her and Philip into some big love story that it was never supposed to be, and there was zero payoff to her feelings for Nathan. I loved the hardness of the start of the Mel/Dario relationship, and then nothing happened with it. Her bond with Maggie was wonderful, but there was no need to force a blood relation between them (especially since we've hardly seen them together since). I actually liked the little family unit that she, Carly, and Daniel formed, too.

I wish MB all the best in her career.

• Members

Yay! This is happening about 3 and 1/2 years too late, but I'm happy the time has finally arrived.

I'm just glad we got to see her reach a point in her "training" that she finally got used to all the bright studio lights... or she invested in Visine. It used to bug me when she'd do that acting thing where you'd think she was suffering from really dry eyes all the time.

• Members

Well, her last show is also mine. I'm stepping away as a longtime viewer when she's done. In between favorites of mine leaving (Hi, Molly and Renee!) and others being forced out (hi, Matthew, Sarah, Louise and Crystal!) I just don't think this show has life left in it past next year.

Sad. Like others have said, though, I do believe she has a good career ahead of her in prime time and other things so I'll look forward to seeing her on other shows. Maybe she can guest on CSI: NY once again as a love interest for Eddie Cahill's character.

• Members

Hey Carl: Oh, I certainly will. And I sure don't want people to think I'm going to stop watching Days just because Molly's leaving. This has been building (my frustration) with the show for quite some time... just the firings and the all-around mismanagement of the soap. I know I'm not the only longtime viewer fed up with the show. To me, people like Renee and Molly are getting out at the right time.

All the people wondering if they have enough money now to sign Eileen Davidson, forget it. It's like trying to shock a dead person for the 100th time. After a while, the treatment just doesn't work. Sad.

Archived