DAYS: Actress leaving

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont think she's a horrible actress. She does well with everything they give her and she has a very natural charm and appeal to her. I just dont think Melanie as a character is needed or adds much to the show. She used to be super annoying but since she isnt used quite like she was last year, she hasnt been so bad. I cant say Id miss her though if she left.

Like now? She hasnt been a focus of the current writers in quite some time.

• Members

If she is leaving bc she is missing out on other offers than good for her. I wish her all the luck. I can see her doing well with comedy stuff either in a sitcom or in a film. I think either one would be a perfect fit for her. She just doesnt scream soap star to me. She's more cute and bubbly and I think those would be a better niche for her talents

• Members

Exactly. She could have been better utilized in the last year. It's just like Marlene and Darrell forgot to write for the character.

And I know we are all free to speak our minds here... I completely understand that she's not everyone's cup of tea, but she DOES have a significant fan following.

Just saying, that's all. smile.png

• Members

Wasn't crazy about her at first but she grew on me and now I love her. And now she's leaving! Too bad -- she's by far the strongest performer of the "young set" on Days. And too bad they didn't brink back Mark Hapka and/or Jay Kenneth Johnson to act opposite her because the chemistry she had with both was fire.

As Cheap says, good luck to her. She's talented and sparky, I could see her doing well in rom coms.

Archived