DAYS: Actress leaving

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She should leave. She lands a good number of gigs between breaks on Days, so I am sure she would land more if she had more time. Daytime is dying, young actors need to leave ASAP. Chandler is stuck there for awhile, but the moment his contract is done he needs to run.

• Members

She does, esp in the target demo. She is a master of social media and great to her fans, honestly id say she is in the top 3 on days of largest fanbase that actually watches the show.

I am pretty sure this is why Nick is back. Poor choice, IMHO.

yeah, I think there is a lot of truth to this.

• Members

I wouldn't mind seeing them let him out of his contract, the character feels used up anyway.

Still, some primetime actors seem to sign up for the show (like invisible Freddie Smith) so I guess acting work is scarce enough for some to want to be in the genre until it's gone in a year or two.

• Members

Yet there are a lot of people who can't, or won't, acknowledge this. If the rumors are true that she's leaving... and it looks like they are... I just wonder which young actress will get picked on next. After all, everyone's favorite whipping girl will be gone, right?

I have had it with Days.

• Members

Yes. Molly (Melanie) is much better when she's not being shoved down our throats as this next great herione. She was without a doubt the best part of the Austin/Abby storyline. When she was front and center, when she was getting married to Phillip, and Vivian trying to kill her to get revenge on Carly, she was truly awful. Those crying scenes in the hospital where she was blaming was without a doubt some of the worst acting. Molly is much more suited to comedy rather than emotional drama types of storylines.

• Members

She's come a long way. And I agree, she's MUCH better suited for comedy or light-hearted fare than drama.

There was a point when my partner was watching DAYS and I had abandoned the show, so I'd make dinner while he watched. I could always tell when Melanie was on because I could hear her screeching nails-on-the-chalkboard voice from across the entire house. True story. I couldn't hear anyone else's voice, but ALWAYS heard hers.

• Members

I think she could pull off drama, given that it was the right role. Yes, there's no getting around those hospital scenes (even I won't sugarcoat those... lol) but I think if the writing were stronger it might work out.

That said, I could see Molly pulling off a screwball comedy along the lines of What's Up Doc in a second.

Archived