Primetime & Film actors who did time on Soaps

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Justin Hartley as Fox Crane on Passions (he's on a new CW show coming this fall. I liked him better when he was on Smallville.)

Jesse Metcafe as Miguel Lopez-Fitzgerald on Passions (Now on TNT's Dallas)

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Kendall Hart on All My Children (obviously)

Denise Vasi as Randi Hubbard on All My Children (She is on VH1's Single Ladies now so she kind of counts.)

Sam Page as Trey Kenyon on All My Children (not sure if he counts as he only did guest stunts)

Levin Ramblin as Lily Montgomery/Ava Benton on AMC (fun fact: she was on the cover of the reissues of Sweet Valley High "playing" Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield)

Amanda Seyfied as Joni Stafford on AMC (apparently she took over Lindsay Lohan's role as Lily Lovelace)

Lindsay Lohan as Alexandra "Alli" Fowler on Another World (one of the most famous celebrities who started on AW)

Shemar Moore as Malcom Winters on Young and Restless (now on Criminal Minds and has been with the show since the first episode)

Thomas Gibson as Sam Fowler on Another World (also on GL and ATWT so he did all of the P&G soaps that were on the air at the time.)

Ann Wedgeworth as Lahoma Vane Lucas on Another World/Somerset (primetime roles include Three's Company and Evening Shade.)

• Members

I think ATWT had the motherload:

Meg Ryan (Betsy Andropolous)

Marissa Tomei (Marcy Thompson)

Julianne Moore (Frannie Hughes/ Sabrina Hughes)

Also, Parker Posey (Tess Shelby), Steven Webber (Kevin), Whitney Houston (herself, but nobody had ever heard of her when she performed at Lisa's club)

• Members

Film star Tom Berenger was wonderfully appealing as a blue collar hunk with a heart of gold named Tim Siegel on OLTL during the mid 1970s. His Jewish character fell in love with a nun named Jenny Wolek, and their star-crossed romance captivated viewers until a salary dispute led to Berenger's quitting the show and his character being killed off.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120113034420-tom-berenger-oltl-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Archived