CBS Fall 2012 Schedule

• Members

Yeah, although I think this move to Sunday will kill it more. In it's first season on Tuesdays at 9, it almost got nearly 20 million viewers a few times. Then they moved it to Thursday 10 in season 2, which it's been easily winning it's timeslot, but completely killed any growth it might of had, had it stayed on Tuesdays at 9. Now on Sunday's lord knows how it will do, seeing as how it won't ever start on time due to football.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it was a lazy choice. The Mentalist has never been the same, and NCIS LA has always just been a hanger on.

[!@#$%^&*] My Dad Says seemed to be along the same lines.

They only tend to have one or two (if that) new popular sitcoms each season. Even Two Broke Girls, which was supposed to be this big show, has declined.

I think putting the reality shows on once a year would probably just speed up the decline, because people would get used to not seeing them. The only time I think once a year works is a talent show.

• Members

Surprised with 2 and a half men on Thursday but I think it will due well in its new timeslot. The Mentalist numbers will fall on Sunday night but will still win its timeslot. Their numbers have been dropping ever since they moved to Thursdays. As for Monday....they should have put Mike & Molly at 8 instead of the awful Two Broke Girls which seems to have lost any steam it had during just it first season.

• Members

Hard to say if Two Broke Girls is loosing momentum or not, nearly all shows naturally decline in the Springtime to due to the weather getting warmer and that's when their declien started. I'm still unsure about Two Broke Girls being the 9pm Monday anchor though. HIMYM leading into Two Broke Girls leading into 2.5 Men was working well. I wouldn't have broke that up, but instead moved Mike & Molly after BBT and Partners in the 9:30 slot after Men. I can't help feel they are waisting the BBT lead in on an aging show., even though CBS will likely be able claim a win against X-Factor/Idol for the entire 8pm hour instead of only the 30 minutes BBT airs.

• Members

Help me to understand...why would they actively try to kill a show that's doing very well on the network? It does not make sense to pick on a show with 20 million viewers? Is it to get a friend's show on? I don't understand. But I do agree that Sunday will kill The Mentalist.

Scratching head here.

ANDREA

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

CBS is probably the best place for it. TNT might even have worked but Lifetime does not seem like the right fit. They introduced two police dramas last summer and neither got renewed. I guess people love Jennifer Love Hewitt's pouting since her show was renewed. The premise of that was fine for a movie but does not seem sustainable for a show and yet there's that massage extra giving devoted mother of two making it all work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived