Soap questions you want to ask but havent

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. Were Liz/Jasus a real couple on GH? I've seen bits and pieces of them (or rather, I've barely paid attention to them) but I could never tell whether they were an actual and official couple or a pair of fuckbuddies that some stans deluded themselves into thinking as "true love"?
  2. How did Jonathan on GL manage to return to Springfield with his baby girl? Last I remember, he went into hiding with the kid because Alan Spaulding was after him for dumping Lizzie and marrying Tammy (who Alan accidentally killed instead of Jonathan)? I'd figure that he'd be away for good (unless they'd recast Tom Pelphrey with another guy).

• Members

To the best of my knowledge they were never a "real" couple. They acknowledged they loved each other and both wanted to make a future with each other but they never took the steps to actually making that happen bc of his life style. They didnt date, were exclusive and official. Their connection was pretty much in private and a secret. They didnt walk around town openly like thats my man and she's my girl, if that makes sense

• Members

Which time? B/c he came back in 08' and in 09'. In 08', he snuck back in (with help from Reva, who also knocked Lizzie out earlier that year to get bone marrow from her for baby Sarah) and let Lizzie see the baby, asked Lizzie to join them (but at the time she was with Bill). She then set him up but Jonathan discovered it before the police arrived and feeling bad, Lizzie let Jonathan and Sarah go.

He then returned the final time around Edmund's "death" but the show was nearing an end and Alan was going through his transition of becoming a better man that he didn't become a pain for them the final time around.

• Members

1) Why didn't fans respond to Marlene and Darryl Ray's writing on Days?

2) Was OLTL's success at the end because of good writing or Roger Howarth's return?

3) Who do you think makes more on Days, Allison Sweeney or Dee Hall?

4) Which veteran performer/character on any current or cancelled soap should have gotten the boot, instead of being kept on only to placate fans?

5) Which soap writer past or present didn't really deserve all of the shade thrown his/her way from fans?

• Members
1. Bc it stinks. Good ideas. Absolutely horrible execution. They create skeletons out of stories but dont fill them up with any actual meat

2. Success? Guess it depends on measure of success. Relatively decent ratings? It defiently wasnt Howarth who returned in May. The Two Todds story was hot but once they killed Victor, it all went downhill, and lost that momentum. I cant even say the show had great writing as they wasted alot of time on pointless and unpopular stuff. Honestly didnt feel OLTL was any better or worse than it was earlier in the year. The final 2 weeks were amazing but the months leading up to finale werent must see tv

4. That list could go on. My #1 would be Anthony Geary as Luke on GH. Luke hasnt been relevant in ages and should have been axxed years ago. Im not sure keeping him on is to placate fans though as I dont think TPTB care about us.

5. Charles Pratt on AMC. He wasnt great but some people say he's the worst AMC writer ever. Puh lease. He's no different than most of the other failures from the last 6 or so years.

Honorary mention goes to Higley on Days. Her material during her last run is better than the current crap on our screens and it was a mistake dropping her in favor of the current writers

Archived