Facts Of Life comming to The Hub

BKuzak

• Members

on April 2, The Facts of Life is comming to "the Hub" station. one episode a day, shown once in the evening and once in the middle of the night. this is the station that has brought JEM, Family Ties and Happy Days back to TV.

I'm very excited to see it because i haven't seen this show is ages. It's been at least a decade since it's been on Nick at night. or it seems that way. I'm in the minority though because i loved the later seasons when the opened "over our heads" that totally 80's looking gift shop. I just loved that era. The girls were all grown up and wearing the 1980's clothes and everything. That's when George Clooney was on it. I even liked when Beverly Anne was on it. I hated the final episode though. I guess they were planning on making Blair's school a spin-off but since it never happend, it was just an awful way to end a show that lasted nine seasons. Thank god for the reunion.

What seasons of episodes did you all like?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For some reason, I thought this would be showing up on AntennaTV - you wouldn't happen to know what days and times they'll be showing the episodes? (I ask because they don't play Family Ties, Doogie Howser, and the Wonder Years every night)

To be honest, I haven't seen this show since they used to play this in syndication back in the early 90s when I was a kid so seeing these episodes will be watching the show for the first time.

• Members

OK I'm wrong, it will be just Monday through Thursdays (like Family Ties) It will be on at 9:30 pm and 3:30 am. (In the east.) I hope like Family Ties, it does two episodes a day eventually. That's what FT used to do.

• Members

My favorite seasons were 2 to through 4 with the girls and Mrs. G at Eastland. I will always remember the episode in which the girls pulled an all-nighter for their final exams, and Natalie had that special hat with the lightning bolts.

I liked the Edna's Edibles seasons too.

I didn't care for the last 2 seasons with the store Over Our Heads. There were too many cast additions (Andy, Pippa, George), and I wonder if Charlotte Rae really needed to be replaced. I don't know what the response was at the time, but in watching re-runs, I feel like Cloris Leachman was put into a difficult situation. Did the girls even still need someone to watch over them?

• Members

I hate that I don't get this channel! I'm a huge Transformers/G.I. Joe fan from back in the day. I would love to watch FOL again too!

I can't think of too many things more lovely than living off-campus over top of Edna's Edibles. How [!@#$%^&*] cozy can you get??

• Members

We just started getting ME TV from a Bellingham station here (in the daytime they seem to replace much of it with religious programming, lol).l I worshipped this show as a kid, so am disappointed I've never even heard of The Hub... But yes, it really wasn't the same once Rae left.

We DO get Jem, Transofrmers, etc, on TeletoonRetro (a spin off from the Canadian Cartoon Network--though confusingly now we're going to be getting the actual new Canadian Cartoon Network--I'll never understand cable)

• Members

I really hope they start it from the beginning. (The 1979 episodes) instead of starting it when Jo comes in or something.

They've played everything else from the start. But, FOL just seemed to change so much in the 2nd season that I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped the first.

I love FOL and I know it hasn't been on TV in America at all since 2001. So, it's going to be fun to see it on TV again. Instead of watching a few episodes here and there on YT.

And, I agree with the opinion that the show needed to be canned after Charlotte Rae left. Nobody could replace Mrs. Garrett! Did not like Cloris at all on there.

• Members

They are going to start from the begining. Mr. Drummond, Arnold and i don't know who else from Different Strokes will be on the episode to introcue Mrs. Garrett. episodes i haven't seen in years.

Like the woman who plays Blair's mother in that first season isn't Marj Dusay. her first episode doesn't come until a season or two later. I think it was when she had cancer and was trying to hide it. then after that she made spardical appreances throughout the show's history. I think she was on at least once a season. Like both graduation episodes (HS and College) and when she dated Jo's father. and when she had Bailey on the christmas episode. and in the final season where Blair lost Bailey. she was my favorite mother of all of them.

• Members

Yeah, Blair's first mom was a real Cheryl Tiegs/Christie Brinkley California girl type. I think Dusay and Coster were better suited as her parents, even if Blair had such a twang for a Manhattanite. When KDP took over as Blair on OLTL, I was always reminded of FOL's Blair. And speaking of Dusay and Coster, Claire Malis, OLTL's Dorian #2, plays Jo's mother on a couple of eps.

• Members

I actually got the first two seasons of FOL on DVD this past Christmas (my next episode: the Teenage Marriage two parter), but maybe I'll watch some of the other seasons once they're on (if I've finished my set/don't own the other seasons by then, LOL).

Blair is my absolute favorite character on the show. Forever my girl. Love her. After her, Natalie.

I wonder if they're going to not show any of the more "hot button" episodes, like Nick at Nite's practice in the early 00s? (and FTR, Hallmark showed the show briefly after N@N dropped it).

Here are some FOL UOs:

I like the Blair/Sue Ann rivalry almost as much as the Blair/Jo rivalry (and I like Jo best when she's with Blair).

I don't think the first season is THAT bad. There was just more people.

There are some good episodes in the last few seasons. One of my favorites is the one after Edna's Edibles burned down. And I LOVE the Christmas Baby episode where Blair's mom Monica has Bailey.

And...small voice here...I LOVE the final theme song. The hard rock version. If only for the kick ass instrumental version used during the closing credits from seasons 7-9 wub.png .

• Members

Which episode/season had the show in which Blair got into a car crash with the guy she was dating and there was a massive scar on her face? If I remember right, her boyfriend was drunk, right?

I only saw it once, years ago, and they never seem to rerun it in syndication.

Blair was my all time fave. I had a massive crush on Lisa Welchel for years.

Archived