Facts Of Life comming to The Hub

BKuzak

• Members

Yea i guess Hub must have bought the rights from "Teenick?" I don't know how long it was on there for but i caught it like a couple of days before the weekend and it was in one of the third season episodes. I wish i knew before but oh well, now we have it on The Hub. I would happle settle for one go-around. as long it's it's one full go around from Eastland to Beverly Anne. since it doesn't look good for the rest of the DVD's to be comming out any time soon.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Julie Anne Haddock (Cindy) was somewhat average-looking in the first season, but years later when they did that reunion episode during season 8, I thought she was quite pretty--apparently the show thought so, too, as Cindy went from being a tomboy to a fashion model!

Oh, sitcoms laugh.png .

• Members

Oh, I hope they do. I have season 1/2 on DVD and I REALLY want to get as many of them as I can! It's been awhile since another season has been released,. but there was a space in time between some of the MTM seasons and between the releases of season 3 and season 4 of Coach--it could still happen smile.png .

• Members

Ha. You got me started on the opening credits now. My favorite opening clip for the girls. The clip of when Natalie puts her hands up in the air and says 'You heard!' to God.

biggrin.png

Oh, and I checked my guide...and The Wonder Years, Family Ties, and Doogie still play on Saturday mornings (Friday Night whatever you wanna call 2-4) and the same time Sunday mornings.

• Members

Yes that is true. Cheers took forever to finish. I know they had 11 seasons but season 8 came out in June 2006 and season 9 didn't come out until April 2008. It took almost six years between the first season in May 2003 to the final season January 2009. but it was worth it at the end to finally have all eleven seasons. it's that old saying they give to writers, "You are only as good as the last book you published." it all has to do with how many people buy the last DVD they put out. Designing Women was really whipping them out. the first six are now out on DVD (six came out today). Now this is the Alison season so god knows if they will put out the final seventh season (BJ year)this year at all because the Alison season wasn't very good. I thought the BJ one was so much better. and i know if she had been on right after Suzanne left, the show would have gone on for a few more seasons. but because the Alison season sucked so badly, by the time BJ came on, the damage was already done and it was time to end it.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I realize I'm in the minority for saying so, but I feel as if the show improved a ton when Deidre Fay and Stuart Wolpert, the showrunners who were there for the start of the "Over Our Heads" era, came aboard. Reason? They had a stable of writers who knew how to write comedy. Before, when Jack Elinson and Jerry Mayer were in charge, I felt like scripts could be a bit too dramatic, particularly whenever one of the girls' parents would visit and there'd be some helacious mother (or father)-daughter showdown where big lessons are learned and hugs are handed out.

• Members

Big news! on May 30th (next week), Mindy Cohen and Kim Feilds (Natalie and Tootie) with be together on "Whatch what happens...live" with Andy Cohen on Bravo. A mini Facts of Life reunion.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Favorite episodes:

When they had to stay up all night and cram for the test

Jan Brady makes Jo wanna be a nun

When the whole episode was them driving around in the car all night

Halloween ep at Edna's Edibles with the tossing of the broomsticks, immortalized at the end of the opening credits.

the flash forward to the future

the episode at the radio station where they had to DJ all night (Natalie cracks me up with her spiel)

the "documentary" ep

when they had to survive the hurricane (hello Danny Romallotti) ("she is in a different world")

when Tootie took her driver's test in the hearse

As you can see, the Edna's Edibles seasons were my favorites. I always enjoyed the episodes that weren't typical. I liked the Over our Heads shop, but the seasons fell flat there fell flat to me. I didn't mind Andy, but thought Pippa was just too much. Didn't mind Beverly Ann. She WAS unnecessary for the girls, but she really was brought in to "mother" Andy and Pippa. There was a huge "Australia" movement in the late eighties (Crocodile Dundee, Aussie Blue, etc.) that I think the "suits" may have been trying to crash in on. I much more enjoyed Pamela Segall in the early Edna's Edibles eps, but she faded out.

Don't hate the first season, but thought it was a wise decision to focus in on only the four. Always thought it was interesting the three they chose to keep. Every show needs "audience eyes," and Jo was the audience's eyes. For those of us who would never know the world of a private boarding school, Jo was our entry, our sympathetic character. And it worked.

Loved that, save a couple early eps, the parents stayed the parents. Love Jo's mom and dad. Of course, Marj Dusay...(who when she joined AMC as Vanessa made me think, "I know her from somewhere") And Tootie's mom (who was also Penny from Good Times' mother)

FOL in Paris anyone? Australia? I REFUSE to watch the reunion ep, out of respect for JO. (Even though Nancy McKeon seems to have completely shunned this time in her life, which quite frankly, helped her to do all that has come after)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I thought that was a completely pointless character and she had little to no impact whatsoever with the other girls. Surprised they stuck her in the opening credits. From what I saw a few years ago thru Comcast, it seemed whenever "street-wise Kelly" was on an episode, she was in the opening, but if she wasn't in an episode, we didn't see her in the opening either. Is that how it originally aired?

Archived