CBS renews 18 shows

• Members

Love NCIS...when most shows its age are gone or dwindling this one just keeps growing strong. Kate getting a bullet in the head was the best thing ever because Ziva came out of that and she's 10 times better.

Like Amazing Race but wish they would stop with the stunt casting (Survivor contestants, Globetrotters, etc.)

Like Unforgettable and hope it continues. I like A Gifted Man but, ironically, find the premise its built on of the dead wife to be unnecessary. I'd like the show just as well, probably better, without her. He's got enough living people around him to shame/guilt him into doing the right thing.

Mentalist...meh. Simon Baker's charm wore off a long time ago. The show is so formulaic that every episode is full of smug Patrick and the Keystone Kops who can't solve their own cases. The supporting characters are like wallpaper. I've been ff-ing it more lately and might drop it altogether.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only shows on that list that I watch are Criminal Minds, The Good Wife and A Gifted Man.

Criminal Minds was a favorite of mine for a long time but the show has lost something over the last two seasons and has now become downright painful to watch. The new writers have made some changes to the core formula of the show that I find somewhat unpalatable. I watch it now mainly out of sentiment, habit and love of Tim Gibson and Paget Brewster.

I don't know what the hell is up with A Gifted Man. That show has no idea what it wants to be. If it gets renewed it needs to get its [!@#$%^&*] together. I adore Patrick Wilson and Jennifer Ehle but they are being wasted in this aimless hodge-podge.

The Good Wife is probably my favorite show on earth right now so I'm glad that I don't have to worry about it.

• Members

No need to apologize, I didn't mean to come across as defensive. I totally understand the point you were arguing and so some degree I agree, I do think the minor characters are written, I just wouldn't call the writing racist.

I doubt A Gifted Man will be renewed. CBS needs to cancel 3-4 dramas to make room for new ones & a possible expansion of the Thursday comedy block and 4 is the number of dramas in limbo currently.

• Members

A Gifted Man never should have had the wife around as some ghost. The whole story of the rich man who has to go slum is so overused and at times it felt like the show was just lecturing. I think the episode where the woman shot up the place and the annoying zen guru lost his spirit was when I stopped watching, as it felt like a bad St. Elsewhere episode.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Only care about Person of Interest. God, I love that show! Criminal Minds is working the last nerve but Shemar's fine ass always gets me thru. I only care about 2 Broke Girls when Jennifer Coolidge is on. That woman has the ability to make anything better. Kat Jennings is such an awful actress!

ANDREA

Archived