ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Members

That was a great interview.  I also love how he didn’t denigrate his time on soaps.  He told the truth- it is fast paced, they do repeat more because of the amount of episodes, and the one take is fast but limiting.  But he also went out of his way to say they are great.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Boy, does my heart break (again) watching that message.  But, God bless Debbi Morgan for bringing to everyone's attention how this crisis is affecting African-Americans in particular.

And she's right.  We are strong and we WILL get through this.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I thought his acting was weak and amateurish on GL and never understood all the hype. I didn't watch much of his later years on GL as I wasn't tuning in as much and just realized now that he also had a role on ATWT. 08/09 weren't much of soap watching years for me...aside from the finale of GL

I haven't watched Ozark, but I'm always happy when soap actors get to continue on in other roles. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

Certainly not an unpopular opinion on these boards. He was never that well-liked here, if I recall correctly. (I thought he had his moments, but I found his acting to be overbearing and tic-ridden, like budget Brando/Pacino.) I did think he had charisma and some sex appeal. It’s just too bad that he was playing a violent sociopath that GL was selling as a broken romantic hero.

• Members

I thought Pelphrey was awful on GL and ATWT. I'm glad he has found success elsewhere...he was alright in Iron Fist (I think I made it partway through the first season).

I'd posted that Debbi message in the COVID thread as I wasn't sure where it should go; so heartbreaking, and such a contrast to a lot of the glib celebrity messages. 

This isn't really the best tone shift, but Susan Lucci has a very quick cameo about 3 minutes into this video, along with Mary Beth Evans, Heather Locklear (I think - she looks a lot like old school Patty Weaver here...) and Maurice Benard.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Other than "The Days of the Week" on SCTV, I've never liked them, and they feel especially dated and embarrassing in recent years as they just show that no one has bothered to watch soaps in decades. I did like this one just because they bothered to include some soap people (sort of like that Sandra Bullock rehab movie).