Actors Equally Successful In Different Roles

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldnt say Finola was equally as successfull as Alex. Anna IS her definitive role. Alex doesnt even compare and it didnt take too long for AMC to bump her off and make her play Anna instead. I thibnk alot of the entries in this thread dont actually quite apply to what the title is acting. I think it does when its highly debatable what role might have been definitive for a certain actor, one in which they were highly successful in both.

IA. I loved her time on the show but the Alex story wasnt well recieved. It was hit and miss with most fans at the time and that time period was very criticized. She didnt really take off quite as well as they hope which is why I suspect they ended up bringing Anna

• Members

Leslie Ann Downs- Sunset Beach and B&B

Jess Walton- Capitol and Y&R

Jack Wagner- GH, MP, and B&B

Debbi Morgan- AMC, LOV, and City

Tracey Bregman- Y&R- B&B

Christian LeBlanc- ATWT, Y&R

Adrienne Frantz- Sunset Beach, B&B, Y&R, B&B

Ashley Jones- Y&R, B&B

Sean Kanan- GH, Sunset Beach, B&B, Y&R

Kristoff St. John- Generations, Y&R

Jacob Young- B&B, GH, AMC, B&B

• Members

When BM died, I listened to a soap podcast where the hosts waxed poetic on how great she was. One of the co-hosts asked the other what the differences were between Iris and Alex and the other host said, "Good question. There really was no difference." That REALLY bothered me. Like the host, her time on AW was before my time, but I've watched maybe a dozen episodes of BM on AW and listened to various audio clips, and Iris and Alex could not be more different. Iris was a neurotic, often a mess. Alex certainly had a better head on her shoulders. They were both scheming, but Alex's schemes almost always seemed justified, out of retaliation or protection, while Iris was just selfish and grimey. They could both be obsessive in love, but who would argue that Alex's obsession with Lujack/Nick was light years away from Iris' obsession with Mac?

• Members

She approached both roles very differently, when on the surface, she could have played them the same way (the poor little rich bitch routine that many soap actresses fall into).

I don't think it's any coincidence that both of those characters were altered beyond recognition with the recasts that came post-McKinsey.

Archived