Actors Equally Successful In Different Roles

• Members

Often when we think of a soap actor/actress, we picture them in one defining role. Can you ever see Susan Lucci as anything other than Erica, or Tony Geary as anything besides Luke? Not that many haven't tried, but most times the magic just isn't there, or they are not suited for the role. But there must be some soap stars for whom lightning struck twice. Who do you see as successful in more than one role? And who was GREAT in one role, but awful in another? (For the second category, may I nominate Susan Batten....fantastic as OLTL's Luna, awful as ATWT's Connor).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The GOOD:

Susan Flannery - Laura Harton (DAYS) and Stephanie Forrester (B&B )

Denise Alexander- Susan Martin (DAYS) and Lesley Webber (GH)

Robin Christopher - Skye Chandler (AMC, OLTL, GH) and Lorna Devon (AW)

Heather Tom - Victoria (Y&R), Kelly (OLTL) and Katie (B&B )

Sarah Brown - Carly (GH), Claudia (GH)

The BAD:

Eden Reigel - Heather (Y&R)

• Members

I was going to start something like this but with an actor and his or her roles and which one was your favorite.....

For example.....Lisa Brown as Nola and Iva.......Jane Elliot as Carrie and Tracey Quartermaine.........

• Members

Soapboy, GREAT choice of Robin Strasser. Her Rachel defined the early bad girl, and her Dorian was quite popular.

My choice would be Cady McClain. She won Emmys as both Dixie on AMC and Rosanna on ATWT. What was great is that the characters could not have been more different.

• Members

Not entirely sure about actors who were only in a role for a few years or who had mixed reviews (as Lester and Christopher seemed to on ATWT and AW).

It's also why I'm not sure about Maeve Kinkead (not sure how popular she was on AW).

I guess you should also add Andrea Evans, even if many would say her B&B role is similar to Tina on OLTL, or that her Y&R run was just Tina.

Michael Zaslow - David Renaldi and Roger Thorpe

Archived