Four years of MAB and counting

• Members

Yeah.

Well said, Carl, LOL. It's really sad to say that's all true and it's pretty ugly. Soaps were always about outrageous, campy, heightened storylines. I'm all for the zany at times, but soaps have gotten just UGLY. It's sad. It really is.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not just ugly, but needlessly so. There was no resonance, no purpose, no value in any dark plot this show has told.

If you want to relive her genius. Bill Bell is so very proud of Adam seducing a brain dead twink offcamera and Phillip abandoning his newborn son and making his family think he was dead. So proud!

http://tvguide.ca/So...a_arena_bell_NB

• Members

God, this is all pure torture.

The worse thing is, even with a series of record low ratings, they still think they're doing an amazing job over there.

MAB/Sheffer/Hamner and their minions totally broke my spirit and trust in this show. I can never watch it again.

This show just gets stupider and stupider.

• Members

I can't believe it's been four years, it only feels like two. From "Sudden Impact" till Paris was pretty okay, but it wasn't until Katherine's funeral that things started to get really good. It all started to go downhill when Katherine's storyline became Kevin's chipmunk storyline that things started to go bad.

Phyllis writing "I hate myself" wasn't bad and admittedly Muhney does fill out the dress really well.

• Members

It feels like eight years to me, and I barely even watch that show.

I never thought I'd see the days when an ABC soap looked like it was in better shape than Y&R, but that happened many a time in the last several years.

Archived