All- SOD Year in Review 1989

• Members

Wait - so was the story at this time that Lucas WAS Robert's son? Did they not say it was Victor Jerome until later?

Why did Monica and Dawn need to hide that they were mother and daughter? And are they saying Dawn knew before Monica or that Dawn didn't know until Monica found out?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting to note when the changes happened. At the time, I remembered hating DePriest as headwriter, but I think that had more to do with Jeremy's son David & Lanie getting so much airtime, along with the Bodines.

I am glad Julie/Jack didn't go anywhere! I wonder why they didn't go ahead with her & Will.

I might be in the minority, but I really liked Jeremy & Natalie and Tad & Barbara, although I ended up loving Tad & Dixie even more.

Yeah, it did. I never understood the appeal of Nat & Trevor; her whole character seemed to change too much to be with him, imo.

• Members

Eve was disfigured when she was slashed on the face by the rapist/knifer (Harper Devereaux) the year before. She covered it with makeup, but it was still noticeable and she was mocked for it.

Jason's site has Lori Hallier playing Yvette. I think I remember reading an interview with Drake Hogestyn where he said there was a spark between Roman and Yvette but the writers decided against it. I can't recall more than that.

• Members

It seemed like Bell couldn't quite let go of the Angela character for awhile. I believe Angela at least in the beginning was supposed to be authentic but he rewrote it as he went along. After the accident and reconstructive surgery Angela came back with another name, Devenny or something and a really ugly face and a terrible haircut.

• Members

That college article is an interesting read although I'm not sure I buy some of the numbers--DAYS always had a HUGE amount of mail towards SOD even at its lowest (didn't people dub the SOD awards the Days Awards?) And AMC still seemed to have a young fanbase into the early 90s from my experience tlaking to people who watched, etc.

• Members

I'd never heard of this ex-boyfriend of Aubrey's. Who played him? I might just not remember the name.

I didn't know Mari Lyn stayed around when Wade left. When did she left? I didn't think she made it past 1989.

Richard Steinmetz has one of those looks which can seem very odd or very handsome depending on the photo. This is more the former.

• Members

that college poll does surprise me with NBC show's being so high then and OLTL being so campy and outrageous, set so low! seems to me that even at they're highest ratings, the CBS show's never were a 'hit' with the college crowd sadly!!

Archived