All- SOD Year in Review 1989

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did too, although the latter half of 1989 definately suffered without Douglass Watson. (That's why I think 1988 was an even better year.)

The Anna/Duke/Olivia triangle on GH in the late-80s was also fantastic.

• Members

I don't understand why the show brought Tim back for Traci, after he caused her such pain. It seems like a regression.

Did they put Victor into the Cassandra story because it wasn't popular with viewers and needed a boost?

On paper this sounds like a quiet year for Nikki and Victor.

• Members

I agree that it was a quiet year for Nikki. I feel like besides romancing Jim, she did absolutely nothing.

You know something... I'm beginning to think that Bill let all the bad guys/girls on this show get away too easily. Particularly Lisa. She just ran off without the police getting involved, and i'm sure fans were hoping for Brad and Traci to reunite, but he was fighting with Tim for her attention.

Even David in a sense got away too easy, I know he died, but i feel like the ending of that story would have been better if the core people involved in that story had a final confrontation with him.

And then of course Victor will never get the proper payback he really deserves. I don't think anyone on the show (besides maybe Heather Tom's Victoria) Has ever confronted him the way Liam confronted Bill today on B&B.

Im probably just nit-picking cause i have a different idea of bringing villains to justice, but whats done is done....

• Members

I was just thinking that rather than have Lisa disappear,Brad could have tracked her down and maybe a fight ensues and Brad finds himself up on charges.Maybe Lisa's mother/father comes into play with a grudge against Brad etc etc.lot's more story to be told.

I disliked having Victor embroiled with Cassandra,it was the beginning of him over dominating the show and having to be the hero who helps the plebs of GC.

• Members

I think it was common for Bell to let his villains go...Vanessa's suicide successfully lead to Lorie breaking off from both Lance and Lucas, Alison Bancroft never got punished, Rick Daros and Eve Mason left together as lovers, Rose vanished and never brought to justice, Rick Bladeson simply got the boot out of town etc.

If I recall in Sally Sussman Morina's infamous interview trashing the Latham era she said they were planning to bring Lisa back to revisit Brad's past but the Nazi story prevailed instead. God how things would have been different.

1989 was it was Victor's turn for payback.

• Members

I had forgotten about Vanessa and Rick! I really don't undertstand why Bill thought it was better for these people to not be brought to justice. I guess this was an example of some of his problematic writing....

That's interesting about them wanting to bring Lisa back, That would have been better than the horrible re-write they did for Brad.

Archived