All- SOD Year in Review 1989

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um...I never knew that Julie was with Jack. That's kind of an age difference (although Lauren Holly was about 26 and looked it, the character was still supposed to be about 20 wasn't she?), and Jack isn't someone I ever remember being with women who weren't around his age.

I never knew about Julie/Will either.

I thought Lauren Holly was being phased out of the show at this point, as she was making films and AMC never kept ingenues for long anyway.

• Members

The Julie/Will & Julie/Jack stuff happened during the whole EP/HW shuffle in the spring of 89. Schenkel/Broderick started a Will/Julie/Nico triangle but that was quickly dropped when Behr/DePriest took over. I think Lauren Holly took a short break to make a movie during this time too. Behr/DePriest wisely hooked up Nico and Cecily and chem tested Julie/Jack, but it never went anywhere, and Holly was pretty much gone by the fall. I'm not sure they quite knew what to do with Walt Willey during that period either. They also chem tested Jack in a few scenes with Donna, but again that went nowhere.

• Members

Yes, she made Adventures of Ford Fairlane.

Was this still Lonnie Quinn as Will or was it James Patrick Stuart?

When you were watching at this time did you notice big changes once Behr and DePriest came in, I mean immediate stylistic changes (I know the cast departures began immediately)?

I can't imagine Donna and Jack at all!

• Members

Wasn't LH a red head in AoFF? I remember her being a blonde until the end of her AMC stint, though during her last year she had chopped it off (and I think at one point sported and interesting 'do with blonde on top and black underneath?)

This was Lonnie Quinn's Will.

Another thing Behr/DePriest did was drop Tad/Barbara in favor of Tad/Dixie. Cliff was taken off the show that summer. Remington left the show too but I don't know if that was the actors doing or the producers doing. I can't remember if Creed was killed off before or after Behr took over. They also broke up Jeremy/Natalie and started Trevor/Natalie.

• Members

This sounds like a very heavy year for DAYS, although I don't know if it came across that way onscreen. Both Eve and Nick were disfigured?? I knew Nick was but didn't know she was. And of course both got plastic surgery. Marcus' parents were murdered?!? That seems very bleak for the crime stories on this show.

You can see what a rushed exit Diana had, due to Genie Francis quitting.

Who played this Yvette, and how long was she around? Did she have any fans?

I didn't know Mike and Eve were ever put together.

Archived