Most and Least Accessible Daytime Stars

• Members

Past or present, does anybody know who the most or least accessible stars of daytime are (or were)? (This question can also be extended to HWs, EPs, or network/production company executives.)

It's hard to think of anybody more accessible than Tonja Walker. In addition to constantly tweeting and posting comments on her facebook page, she hosts a weekly radio show where she loves to talk about politics. (This probably won't play well with some liberal posters, but her views are center-right.) I really applaud her for disclosing sensitive personal details, such as when she revealed on her show that she no longer has a perfect credit rating.

Cady McClain also seems to be very accessible. And when compared to the other "big names," Linda Dano may be the easiest one to get to know.

When it comes to the least accessible daytime stars, I have nothing to go on other than speculation. However, I have always gotten the feeling that Eric Braeden, Anthony Geary, and possibly Deidre Hall are the least accessible daytime stars. And for obvious reasons (i.e., the fact that she was a victim of stalking), I'm sure that Andrea Evans is extremely shy around fans. (Honestly, I give her huge credit for ever choosing to go back to television.)

Of course, accessibilty is a great thing, and I hate snotty stars. (Though being inaccessilbe does not necessarily mean one is snotty.) However, I do worry about the safety of celebrities that are too accessible.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Roger Howarth could easily go on the least accessible list, but I think this has more to do with him playing Todd and what the nature of his character is than anything else. From what I understand (I haven't read any interviews from his ATWT days), he was MUCH more accessible when he was on ATWT, but still, he is clearly very private, which is certainly not a bad thing.

Kassie DePaiva has always struck me as a very accessible person (more so than her husband, though he has always seemed to appreciate the fans, and will DEFINITELY speak his mind), as has Fiona Hutchison, which is great because they're my favorite actresses/characters in OLTL history smile.png .

• Members

She used to tell the best stories on the hotline, her early days, the multi-part recording on how she almost played Alex on GL and ended back on OLTL instead... She also showed a very *human* side (i.e., I didn't like what she was saying/how she was saying it) that I thought was a very valuable lesson for any soap stan. Kinda like the Rosie O'Donnell/Whoopi Goldberg-meets-The View thing.

Her relationship with Twitter has been... different.

• Members

I can't believe that I forgot about Robin Strasser. She had some bravery for trashing Frons after OLTL's cancellation announcement, though sadly all it did was get her fired and robbed that show's fans of seeing Dorian in the finale. (I don't think that anyone truly believes the official "health reasons" explanation as to why she left before the end.)

• Members

I'd say MEK is one of the least. From what I heard my boy does not know how to use a freaking computer worth s**t! LOL.But, he does do alot of interviews and goes on SOC live sometimes. So, there's a ton that don't even want nor do that. Here's looking at you Tony Geary!

RS is totally accessible. I love that hotline she has. biggrin.png

• Members

And by "different" we mean...? wink.png

I appreciate actors like Larry Bryggman, Susan Flannery and Beverlee McKinsey who prefer(red) not to be so accessible. It's not that they never appreciate their fans. If anything, I think their professionalism proves how much they strive to entertain them. However, at the end of the day, they look at what they do as a job. Nothing more.

Plus, I think you'll find that the more intelligent actors steer clear of the press, because they simply don't have the capacity to schmooze and give the kind of pat, false answers that their colleagues do (and that we all cringe and laugh at when we read it).

I have a feeling that MEK on a message board, such as SON, would be the experience of a lifetime. ("Just who IS 'Nixonian' and why does he keep cracking my [!@#$%^&*] up like this?!") smile.png

• Members

I don't know about in person, but Justin Torkildsen when he was on B&B answered a few of my letters I wrote to him personally (referencing things in the letters....not a 'form letter response') and always sent signed pics as well asking to stay in touch. I always found that kind of cool.

I collect (or I guess now, used to collect) signed pics of daytime people. His responses were always more personal.

• Members

I recall many years ago (think the mid-90s) where MEK was still with Cat and he was active online and interacting with viewers.

I think in some ways actors have become more accessible, but in other ways are less so. A tweet here or there gives a lot less information as to who someone is or their acting process than an interview. I miss when we'd get more specific information on character motivation and the like. I appreciate candor, but I don't need to see people's behinds.

There are some actors who seem totally inaccessible and are for whatever reason. Some actors have reasons for it (like stalkers), which is an understandable reason for being quiet.

Archived