Days Promo - Jennifer, Jack & Daniel (Wk 31st Oct)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Until Melissa Reeves brushes up on her acting I'm not sure what she deserves from the show. She had a year or so on her own before MA came back and she just seems very fake to me - I also don't see any chemistry with Shawn Christian. There was something special about her in the stuff I've seen up to the mid-90s but not since then.

• Members

Its not even about that. I was a huge Jack/MA fan and the character just seems out of place but then so does Jennifer to me, I used to be a huge Jack and Jenn fan and both characters just don't seem to fit for me anymore. I love nostalgia as much as the next person but thats all these returns have done for me. I enjoyed Jennifer's material and her relationship with Carly and thats about it this run for me.Jennifer and daniel are not offensive nor are they that fantastic they are just kind of there for me.

• Members

And this might ultimately be the problem. When lesser actors are paired with accomplished actors, it's evident that one ends up carrying the other. Ingenues bank on their "freshness" and rarely translate into anything of substance.

Just ruminating on this - perhaps it's the reason Magic quickly became such an interesting pairing to watch. Regardless of what anyone thought of JC in the early years, he was phoning it in for well over 2 decades before he finally retired. And Peggy was certainly no match for JA in the acting department. So for the first time in ages SR is actually with someone who can match her rather than someone she has to carry. And JA…. well it's been awhile since he had anyone he didn't overwhelm by his strength.

• Members

The problem with Jennifer is not that she's an ingenue its that they are writing her like a young ingenue and its ridiculous. The ridiculousness of AGAIN putting her in the middle of this type of triangle and playing it for cuteness up to this point is not cute when you are in your 40's. Plenty of heroines and ingenues in the past have grown into fully developed characters. I am not a Bo and Hope fan but I don't see her character acting fickle or behaving like an 18 year old.

As for JA and SR being greater actors than the other 2, well I love both of them but this egg story has definitely not been a shining moment for either of them.

• Members

I agree for the most part except for this. PM is a hell of an actress when given the right material. In the 80's when Bo's paternity was revealed she knocked it out of the park, and deservedly netted Emmy nominations (she's won a few for Primetime television movies). I love JA, and I think he's amazing lately with SR, but back then, PM outshone him in every aspect. JMHO.

Archived