All Shows: Your Top (Bottom?) 5 WORST storylines ever

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R

Most of what's happened since mid-2009 but mostly...

Sarah/Daisy/Ryder

Phillip's return

Adam/Ashley/Sharon/Faith

Colleen's death

The Scoobies

Cane's resurrection/back story

"Jill Abbott Fenmore"

B&B

Everything that happened from 2005 to 2008.

• Members

The Goop was some odd thing on like an indian reservation. It was seriously awful. thats all i really remember.

Santeen & the Letters: Bope, jarlena, payla, and maybe other couples - doug and julie? - would sit around and read letters between santo dimera and colleen brady, reenacted by Scott & Sweeney. It was one of the worst things on this show ever, and thats saying A LOT.

• Members

I loved the Santo/Colleen story blush.pngwub.png

The Touch The Sky airlines storys on DAYS - OMG. I'm still not over that awfulness, plus that mess with Artemis and DeMarquette & their hooker Las Vegas mom who married Nick. My god. The thing is I thought that story was full of interesting, attractive, good young actors but the story was just BAD...everyone involved could've been in better story together. I think it's sad how none of those actors are on the show anymore...I think DAYS needs characters who are in that age range desperately. I'd love to have Nick, Max, Chelsea, Jeremy, etc back...(I can do without Stephanie).

• Members

LOL...I LOVED Laurelton! That was the storyline when I first watched GH in college. It drew me in and the show kept me till I graduated. I know how unpopular it was so maybe there's no accounting for (my) taste! That's the thing with soaps...someone's garbage is someone else's gold. Problem now is that there isn't enough audience to get drawn into anything, no matter who's writing on what storylines are going on. But that's another thread...

To stay on topic, IMO the worst storyline I saw was the Sin Stalker on AW. Killing off two veteran middle-aged female characters because they had no family ties or apparently any storyline purpose, and a bunch of nameless characters...from where I stood, there was no suspense in this "mystery."

• Members

On ATWT, most anything involving Nuke.

Particularly awful was when Noah's dad hired (?) Ameera to marry Noah, then had Ameera lure Noah to New York so he could...kidnap his grown son?

I really have no idea what the story was even about, and I don't think the writers did either.

• Members

Most offputting about the Sin Stalker story was that Quinn and Maisie were essentially derided as whores and then killed off. That seems so crass to me, these women who were trying to find happiness in life, after years of struggle, were snuffed out. Meanwhile, young cuties like Cheryl or Nancy at least got to escape alive.

Archived