All Shows: Your Top (Bottom?) 5 WORST storylines ever

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's how I felt--AMC even when it got dark under McTavish never had to resort to serial killer stories, and they never suited the tone of the show--and that one wasn't even well done. I admit by then even crazy McTavish seemed to be asleep at the wheel for her final months. I wonder if it was suggested they do one--as ABC seemed serial killer heavy at the time (OLTL seemed to have one every year...)

• Members

Maryanne Caruthers would have been an interesting storyline, if you were a totally new viewer to GL, didnt know the history of the guys, their timelines AND the similarities of that and past GL storylines, (the actress having played over the top villianous Ms. Piper, and the similarities to Eli Simms.) Weston was a hack but at least she wrote stories with a begginging, a middle and an end, unlike Davey Doo. Also, the production values (though they bankrupted the show) were good and the idea to involve all the middle aged males with their 20 something daughters was good. The story just sucked (by hey NSA's Michelle got the [!@#$%^&*] slapped out of her by Ed so that was good.)

The Gilly/Griffen storyline was so offensive it made Marion Crane look like sophisticated storytelling ( at least that storyline reveled in its offensiveness and made fun of soap conventions.) Plus Griffen was one freaking hot daddy to be tied down to a sexless storyline with Gilly's boring prissy mom...and Gilly should have been involved with Alan Michael or Nick, both of whom she had chemistry with but PG was scared of the backlash (funny though bordeline incest was seen a preferable to a black white pairing, soaps are freaking weird.)

• Members

Thankfully we were spared Reva being possessed by whomever the Susan Piper actress played. Can you imagine, Zimmer eating the scenery in acting out the mannerisims of an actress who was even more over the top then her!!!

Though I would have loved to see Reva slapping the [!@#$%^&*] out of Chele, Marina, and Marah!!!

• Members

Eh actually Weston was just as bad as Kriezman with story dropping (Remember the mysterious shadow/voice stalking Tony and Eden?). Alas Weston had zero regard for GL history or its characters which is why characters like Ben Reade got a horrible send off and why the show became all about Eden, Sandy, Darci, Nico, Brad Green and Lori Jensen, crazy Lizzie and that doctor guy, Joey etc. my god what nonsense. And with a single episode, Weston obliterated twenty-five years of GL history and everything we knew about it in a single swoop.

Oh and I almost forgot all that psychic nonsense at the time with Reva. When the show announced they were bringing back Dinah I was thrilled because we actually were having a character who existed before 2003 on the show.

• Members

LOL..I dont even remember who Lori Jensen was...forgot all about that doctor guy...God, hated Brad Green and that Alex would have had bad taste to screw him...Joey, Nico...and the recast Tony..rememeber when they acted like the recast was a big thing, what with his back being filmed before he came, and Alex admiring his tats??? Uggh That fashion show, Jeffie in the asian restaraunt.....that goofy looking singing kid...the kids living in the Carraiage house and the haunted museum with that african head with the glowing eyes and some goofy drug that was dropped...and last but not least screamingly gay Shayne...who dropped a purse out of his mouth everytime he opened it!

You are right, it was really BAD!!!1

• Members

Muwahahah... when I used to run a website, I posted photos of Marty West's foray into the world of internet homoerotic wresting (i.e. him and another dude wrestling in nothing but speedos) and who did I get an email from but good ol' Marty kindly requesting that I remove them because he didn't want people to get the wrong idea about him... whistling.jpg

Archived