All Shows: Your Top (Bottom?) 5 WORST storylines ever

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SaBA

BJ's Molestation

DAYS

Patch gets his Eye Back.....AND LOSES IT AGAIN!

AW

Frankie's death by some person named FAX!

Kathleen is Ushered off the Show (for no good reason)

B&B

Brooke leaves Thorne for Ridge (for no good reason)

Meh. Sick of Worst threads and which soap will last longest. blech

• Members

This was definitely controversial, and I can see why. It was not great, but I did appreciate that the story had a clear beginning, middle, and end, and that there was no truly "bad" person involved.

The story which most repulsed me at this time, and still does, 15 years later, was the Tanner Jordan fiasco. This story seemed to exist for no reason other than degradation of women. Months of scenes of Skye and Hayley quivering and shaking in terror. Even the "happy" ending basically involved this wreck of a woman being saved by her hero, jackass Mateo.

• Members

1997 on AMC was a very polarizing year, from what I remember. Fans and critics seemed to be split on every single storyline that was happening. I can't really remember a soap having a year quite like that (though OLTL the last couple of years seems to have come pretty close).

• Members

I loved so much of 1997 that I cut it a lot of slack--I actually didn't mind the baby nap story I'm a bit embarassed to say (but I started going to soap news groups around that time and remember how hated it was by many). But I did find the Tanner story awful and even offensive in so many ways--too bad as I liked the actor when he was on Ozzie teen soap Heartbreak High (funny, as Loving/The City had a year or so before picked up another actor from Heartbreak High--they seemed keen on Ozzie "hunks" at ABC for a bit there).

• Members

I didn't mind the kidnapping story. Didn't Erica overhear Maria say that the baby was better off dead and Erica used that as justification to keep Maddie from Maria? In any event, Maria wasn't going to breast feed because she wanted to keep her perky boobs.

• Members

AMC: Tad kills Madden. Seriously, turn my favorite character into a murderer. Still. The shovel aspect of Madden's death still cracks me up.

Toxic Balls on GH. DUMB!

Also for GH.....the Text Message Killer. I cannot believe they had the balls to kill off Georgie.

The recent Cane isn't Cane storyline on Y&R

Mitch digs up Nash's body and then kills Jared on OLTL. Also, Mitch tries to rape his own daughter! Both of those were SICK!

Archived