B&B: A Princess joins the show

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never heard of this princess but to me this sort of seems like a disgrace. All these royals that nobody ever heard of need to ask themselves if Queen Elizabeth would do it, or if you don't want to shoot so high, Prince Harry. Or if that is shooting too high still, perhaps aim for someone like Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and take up skiing and charity work. And if you can't do that, then for what reason should or would I call you Your Highness?

• Members

There is nothing wrong with it as long as you are not a princess. It just cheapens the whole concept. I have never met anyone royal before, but if I met say Prince Harry or William or Princess Anne, I think it would be pretty cool to address them as Your Highness because it is such a bizarre thing to do and it would be fun I bet and if they said "Please call me Edward" I would want to say "what's the fun in that? I want to call you 'Your Highness' ". Now if Harry ever got cast as a recast Michael Corinthos on GH, I wouldn't call him your highness. I'd call him shlock. You can be my prince or princess or king or whatever, but you gotta act the part.

• Members

She's also Queen Margrethe of Denmark's niece since her mother is the queen's sister and she's cousin to the crown prince of Denmark and 2nd cousin to the crown princess of Sweden.

As far as pedigree this princess ranks way above the Ranieri's of Monaco. They might be more famous in the gossip colums but as far as pedigree they are considered something of a joke.

It could be fun, it will probably get more press in Europe than Franco on GH got.

• Members

Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. HRH Princess Theodora appearing on B&B cheapens their brand substantially. There's a reason Sarah, Duchess of York, has concentrated her media appearances in the USA, it would cheapen things atrociously in the UK.

While the Monegasque aren't HRH (aside from HRH Princess Caroline of Hanover) they are Their Serene Highnesses since they only rule a principality. But they are rich, worth billions and in control of the most lavish tax shelter in the world. Sure, they are viewed by some as polite mafioso, but others are in awe of some of the Grimaldi's, particularly HRH Princess Caroline and her children.

The Greek royals don't have the bucks the Monaco set does. As well, HRH Princess Theodora was born after the Greek royals were deposed, they are stripped of their nationality and fortune and received $14 million for the properties the Greek government took possession of. They live in London in exile, albeit in plush Hampstead Heath in a house worth $6 million...but to put it in perspective, Joan Collins' flat in Belgravia is worth that amount too. And she's only an Officer of the British Empire.

The Greek royals have a certain pedigree...but once King Constantine is dead his son will not succeed him as there is no throne. HRH Crown Prince Pavlos will become the pretender to the throne. HRH Crown Prince Pavlos is dashing, married to a beautiful woman, a glamorous socialite, but he is also a hedge fund manager who married a wildly rich woman. There's nothing royal about that except royally smart.

Archived