Classic AMC/OLTL

• Members

It would be nice if this was divided into two threads and moved to "Cancelled" section. Both shows deserve to have their greatest moments discussed. And, unless someone knows something, I'm not sure why this is still in what I call "Active" soap thread. Still can't believe they are gone.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol at the classic GH episodes never being discussed. If we had made it to Spring/Summer 2008, I would've been talking up a storm!

I do kind of agree it would be better if all the posts here (and maybe even the ones in the tributes threads) were moved to a new "All My Children" & "One Life to Live" thread in the canceled soaps section.

True but they are still canceled shows and, while I don't mind it, I have noticed more than a few people here getting annoyed w/AMC & OLTL still being discussed here in the DTS section. LOL

• Members

Krystal was Adam's back loaded karma after doing despicable things to Staurt, Liza, Dixie, Palmer, Natalie, Marian, David,Trey, Babe, Gloria, Erica, Mike Roy, etc. over the course of thirty years. I don't see how anyone could feel bad for Adam after all the truly vile and evil things he did to so many people. Then he turned around kidnapped Jenny and tried to sell her to the black market. The male Chandlers are disgusting creatures every one of them. The best thing that ever happened to AJ was him being adopted by Marissa and taken into a lesbian home. Maybe that will off set the evil gene within him.

• Members

Wasn't Ava created because they wanted to pair Leven Rambin and Jeff Branson again but couldn't because Lily had autism? There was some other rumor that Ava was created because Leven wanted to play a wilder role, or something, wasn't there?

• Members

Yes and I think both reasons could be true--or probably are. I suspect the show wanted to be able to use Leven's talents in another direction anyway.. The character wasn't a hideous idea--albeit a very typical soap twin concept--it probably didn't help that by that point it felt like even McTavish had fallen asleep at the wheel (I honestly still agree with those who said she wasn't even writing the final months), she cycled through JR and Jonathan but never seemed to fit anywhere and then her and John were nonsensically written away off screen anyway. And of course it didn't help that the character was written as borderline repulsive from the start./

Archived