How would you rate GL, ATWT, AMC finales?

• Members

Alright I will give my critique on each of the endings. How would you rate these three endings with GL ended Septmeber 2009, ATWT ended September 2010 and AMC ended September 2011?

GL: IMO was the most boring finale, Just completely utterly boring, predictable and a very lame ending. This was A D finale. Nobody really was anticpating the end of this show.

ATWT: This was better finale with lots of happy endings and I loved the spinning of the globe. Any improvement of the GL finale but IMO it was almost too happy. It seemed rushed but it was good. I would give it a B.

AMC: Great Great ending. I watched it. They resolved alot but IMO the cliffhanger was great because it was tune into tommorow leaving. It resolved some, gave happy endings without the sappyness. Also the ending was very David Chase/Sopranos. U don't know if JR killed himself or someone else. It was an A-. Its so funny how everyone is talking about today's finale, its so talked about either loved or hated but people are talking. Great job Agnes/PP. I would give it an A-.

How would you rate the finales?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. The Edge of Night's ending was great. There was much closure, but ended with some mystery.

I thought out of the three mentioned, I would go with AMC's being the best. I thought GL's was okay, but cheesy because of the production values and that horrid background strumming.

• Members

All My Children

Guiding Light

As the World Turns

ATWT had so much time to wrap things up and they squandered it. And hello? Lisa? Just a big disappointment. GL at least brought a boatload of people back. Even if their returns & reunions were half-assed two-second clips, they still made some effort.

If we include Another World on the list, I'd place it between AMC & GL.

• Members

I've seen all 3 and I agree with you.

ATWT didn't bring back enough past characters and right now I can't even remember what happened other than Bob retiring. Grade C

GL brought back the right people but then jumped ahead too much and quickly paired them off with no story behind it. Grade B

AMC honored its past and gave us a suspenseful cliffhanger with the shooting, Jack leaving and David still having one more patient. I can't want for the online show in January! Grade A+

• Members

I'm not sure it's fair to compare based on the business realities of where each soap is/was. Also I didn't get to see GL's but I was actually in NYC for a soap event on the day ATWT had it's finale. I thought it was lovely. I hadn't watched ATWT in 20 years but I still got a sense of the history of the show and I completely felt the love of the actors. I give both AMC and ATWT a B+.

• Members

I just can't help but think what AMC's would have been had they not rewritten it, I think it'd have been so much better. I'm with the other's who are saying what was the point of the cliff hanger? It's not like the show can't be picked up from a point in time online, without the cliffhanger

• Members

AMC: A

ATWT: C

GL: B+

Honestly with ATWT that was one boring ending. I did though like the idea they had in mind but seriously; that was the best they could do?

I guess with AMC whether or not they did get picked up or not; I think either ending would have been GREAT! :D

Archived