AMC - Friday - September 23, 2011

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, and with JY officially off to B&B it would be very simple to say J.R. turned the gun on himself. Meanwhile, him accidentally shooting Angie is totally unacceptable.

I am so looking forward to seeing how they pick this up and I can't shake this idea of J.R. shooting himself in the face and coming out of the bandages looking like Mark Lawson.

• Members

I am emotionally dissatisfied. Yesterday, they played the perfect notes struck the perfect chords which is what I look for in soap opera. Today was just like an empty build to a confusing attempt at a cliffhanger. I wasn't left at the edge of my seat in suspense... I was just left... "Is that it?"

• Members

Well they definitely did not destroy JR. They can recast or bring him back which they really couldn't do with some sort of mass execution.

On the flip side I don't know if the cliffhanger is big enough to entice people to tune back in in a few months but I guess it depends on how well they promote it

• Members

Digesting this episode, the strongest part was Erica I think. Her final scenes were really strong and soapy and true to her character. The rest I think was done a disservice by the superfast editing combined with one measly day to tell the story. The Adam and Stuart scene yesterday was 20 seconds long, today's Stuart and Marian scene even shorter. Adam and Dixie got ten seconds more or less. There was just no time to let scenes develop so we could soak in some real history. Stuart never even got home to his own party. It was a cliff notes ending, and while I loved the sentiment behind the notes, I wish we had gotten actual stories in the scenes instead of headlines.

Archived