AMC - Possible Ending/Cliffhanger

• Members

This doesn't sound any better either. JR still winds up looking like one of the worst perversions this side of Billy Clyde Tuggle, Ray Gardner and Micheal Cambias if he is thinking about cold bloodied homicide. Please God no. Just make it all stop. JR doesn't need to go down this road (again).

I would rather have Babe trying to talk him out of suicide or something then to have her try to stop JR from hurting yet another person.

laugh.png It's sad but it's true. I hope this isn't the finale. It's far too mean spirited to be an AMC ending.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is what was posted at the other place from SOD & SOW(thanks to Dont Stare):

A source notes the original 2-hour finale of AMC would have been a flash-forward. We would have seen where the characters ended up several years later. It was beautiful. If you read between the lines, SOD hints that Josh Duhamel taped scenes that would have played into that.

There will be a cliffhanger instead. Prospect Park wanted one. Nixon proposed the one that will air. PP loved it. Barr feels the ending still encompasses a lot of what LB/AN wanted to do originally. But she does relay that the cliffhanger is shocking and sort of sad. You're suprised but you understand. Jill Larson says their EP sees the last 4 episodes as the finale episodes, not just 9/23. They purposely set up more time to tape these episodes. For example, Susan's final scene was shot in a cinematic way.

• Members

The first thing I thought of when I read that this morning was that awful faux film look JHC started and we had until they started up in LA. I know it's not that because that's done post-production, although I also don't really know what Jill Larson means by cinematic. Is it just more sweeping camera shots or something?

• Members

ABC honestly I am sure could care less at this point how the show ends. At least they did bring back Agnes but I am sure Agnes wanting her show to continue on and wanting to continue to have some influence understood and wanted to cooperate. She could have just done what she wanted and then who kwows if PP would have brought her and Broderick on board

• Members

I remember hearing that the final episode of BtVS was shot in a more cinematic way and that was pretty much what they meant. More wide angle camera shots, more complex editing (as well as a higher level of special effects but I'm assuming that's not the case.) Also the soundtrack had a John Edwards feel. For AMC, I suspect we'll see a difference in the camera work, hair/makeup, and music. I'm also willing to bet they were allowed to do as many takes as necessary to get a scene right.

• Members

Agnes wrote the finale on ABC not PP. U cant Blame PP. They asked her to do a Hook and she did. PP Ok it and really they are new to Daytime so they probably werent going to object what AN wanted

This is why Im Glad That AN will consult and FV will Oversee both and still EP OLTL and LB will Write AMC. They Understand Daytime and its structure

OLTLhas four possibly six and AMC ac.cording to CM has some just cant say who until the ink dries. No need to Crap On them continuing on

• Members

Maybe it's the fact that I've consumed several glasses of wine over the course of this thread but, despite all my b*tching, i do agree with you that the finale will likely be very good, even though the original was better (which is kind of what Julia Barr expresses in SOD as well).

Even in terms of the cliffhanger I kind of suspect we'll all be here 1:57-ish on Friday saying "THAT is what people were getting all worked up about!?" lol. Heck it may even turn out that Jacob Young was trying to fool everyone by saying that JR does not get a happy ending!

Archived