AMC: A Little Bit on the Original Ending

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tried to watch SFU but found it unpleasant. I did however watch a clip of the finale montage that everyone raves about. Just for discussion purposes, Friday Night Lights did something a little similar. They ended with the big state championship football game. We saw a character kick the ball for a pivotal field goal, we watched the ball go up in the air then when the ball came down... it was eight months later. We got to see certain characters at their new jobs, in their new homes, starting college, working a new job, working the same old job, diapering their new baby, going into the army, etc...

Even with a fast-forward, there could still have been some open-endedness and in no way were these characters guaranteed a happy ending. For example, the AMC look to the future could've shown: Zach visiting Kendall's grave, Jesse signing his alimony check to Angie, Maya shooting up heroin while Lucy plays with matches, Greenlee walking into a domestic violence shelter, Jack laying in bed at the Pine Cone paying a prostitute, Frankie still wandering the hospital in scrubs, David and Cara trading their kid off for visitation while David stares longingly at a picture of Angie, Opal sitting alone in Courtland Manor looking at a picture of Palmer, JR putting a gun in his mouth and...

Erica Kane dressed in an outfit far too young for her, standing in a ladies room snorting a line of coke then looking into the mirror and saying "I'm Erica Kane" before she walks out to do a booksigning at the Mall of America Borders where her book is being sold in the clearance bin.

• Members

Now thats really pathetic

I just recently found out off topic that Lindsey Hartley is not of hispanic descent she's Greek. I never realized it. THis is the thrird hispanic character she has played. Not that it matters but I laughed because Ted King has now on 3 soaps also played 3 hispanic characters and hes not hispanic either.

• Members

SFU's series finale made me sob uncontrollably. I began to watch it again a couple years ago on YT, but started to cry immediately so I had to stop. The best finale ever, imo. I find it hard to believe that AMC was going to show the deaths of the main characters, maybe a possible future though.

• Members

I think for ALL long time fans of AMC, that original ending sounds like the perfect way to sign off. I'm very disappointed to hear that we're going to get some silly cliff hanger with JR running around with a gun when we know Jacob Young is returning to B&B and many other stars will not return. It's a terrible way to end the ABC run. I'm glad that Prospect Park picked up the AMC/OLTL but it shouldn't ruin what could have been a classical end.

Archived