'Y&R' Actress Renews Contract

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally! I have loved and hated Nikki over the years but she is, for me, the face and heart of Y&R, along with Jess Walton. I am glad to hear that she is not just going to be abused by Victor. I don't care if this is true to the relationship or not, I'm sick of it, especially when they have Katharine encourage it.

I'm also glad that she seems to have managed to avoid any of that "Oh how dare she not be a 'team player' and how dare she use Twitter/manipulate fans to get her way." I'm glad that she managed to get through this crap. I am tired of Y&R's vets, especially the vets who never phone it in or try to dictate story, being called ungrateful and being told to take cuts.

It's too bad she had to praise MAB but then they all do that.

I love this:

TV Guide Magazine: Didn't you find it shocking that, despite Sony's supposed money crisis, the show kept hiring new stars? How could they not pay you yet still find dough for all these Australians no one wants to watch?

Thomas Scott: I am not commenting on that.

• Members

I'm just glad she didn't put up with it. These actors have been shamed and degraded and they are just supposed to shut up and take it, after 20, 30, 35 years of loyal service and helping make this show #1. Sony or MAB or whoever clearly thought she was old hat and they assumed their prize hires, like Genie Francis, were going to raise ratings. Clearly not. I'm not saying her return will raise ratings, but I do think Nikki is a very vital part of Y&R, and, like Jill, the show is not the same when they try to obscure these characters. I think it's only fan support and poor planning that has kept poor Jess on - I will be surprised if she's there in a few years (if the show is still around).

• Members

I love that too. When I read that, I was like, Oh Snap!

So great that we are getting MTS back, although writing is still going to be awful. I have wonder what's bringing about this change? MTS is gone for months then now, out of the blue, we got news of 4 cast members being let go, rumors of Genie being let go soon and MTS back. This is great and all, but I'm still hoping for a writers change at Y&R.

Archived