All: 25 biggest blunders in Daytime Soap History

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe the unabortion should be that high up. I wouldn't even put it in the top 5. They really don't even give a reason why it's #1. As for most repugnant rewrite ever? I would give that to something like Mitch Lawrence raping Viki on her living room sofa.

I'm glad they included what happened to Zaslow. That "wizened old man" quote still sickens me, all these years later. Why would you say that?

• Members

I know they want to be timely, and get attention, and I do think cancelling OLTL was a mistake, but I don't understand why that was in the top 5. It's already too late, most likely, for daytime as we know it, and this is supposed to be about 70 years of history, not 70 weeks.

A few I would have put on there:

- Introducing Kimberly and the Novaks to Ryan's Hope, and failing to properly adjust Pat and Mary after the original actors left

- AW decimating the Matthews family

- P&G appointing John Valente and Black and Stern to take over ATWT

- Bob Guza being allowed to shat all over GH for 15 years

- New World locking the Dobsons out of Santa Barbara

- Saying that Victor Lord molested Viki

• Members

I think that anything that was true for the genre or for multiple shows trumps anything that wasnetwork-, show- or story-specific. For example, diversity or over-reliance on cliches had a far more destructive effect on the genre than the unabortion (story), Zaslow (show) or Frons (network). YMMV of course.

Archived