All: 25 biggest blunders in Daytime Soap History

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! Shop the Soaps. What a PITA that was. That's why I don't agree with the item on WLS's list about "not merchandising the soaps" being a mistake. I don't believe that there's that much of a market for stuff. I do remember I bought the OLTL compilation album "Songs of Love." When a friend saw it in my car she looked at me like she wanted to have me committed. laugh.png

• Members

I remember how Carolyn Hinsey used to criticize the scenes where someone gets a necklace or a star pendant (Tad gave Dixie one) and then you get a big closeup and then hey viewers if you want this than go to blah blah blah.

It was so cheesy but I wonder sometimes if that may have been one way for soaps to have continued on for a while. Then again if you hate what has been done to your favorites, you aren't going to run out and buy a stick pin.

• Members

In terms of soap wiping. Has anyone ever tried foreign markets? What shows were airing overseas and when? I know they found some Dr. Who episodes in Australia that they thought were wiped. Foreign markets may be the key to finding lost classic television as not every country wiped episodes.

I know here in Australia the networks were showing so much U.S content in the 60's and 70's that the actors union went to court to force them to make a rule that a certain percent of what was aired on television had to be Australian content, so possibly there are some hidden gems out there.

Archived