GH: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the actress is too young for the role, but other than that, I have no real opinion on this new Kate. To me, the character is still being written and acted as Kate Howard. As of now, I don't think the role is being completely rewritten to accommodate the weaknesses differences of the current actress... in ways that Maxie and Carly have been, for example.

• Members

This dusty Laura stuff is dumb as hell

Kelly Sullivan is rocking as Kate so far IMO, how great was that scene with her in the bathroom? Loved it!!

Dante getting shot again & in the same place Bambi did will bring great material for Lisa Lo, MB, and JMB.

That was a great scene with Johnny and Anthony when Johnny mentioned how Anthony killed his Mother. What a gripping moment when Anthony broke down! That was the vulnerable side of him we rarely get to see. Great moment!

I could never do that with any show, that would drive me nuts LOL! Sorry you are not liking GH, I am really enjoying it right now!

• Members

I'm not surprised. You're an easy customer. Molly throws a pencil and, by golly, you're hooked!!!!

Cheap, however... I've noticed she's an enigma. While not as impossible to please and ready to complain about the same thing 36 times a minute as a certain person, she has very particular tastes -- and a rather low threshold for things that ask her to suspend her disbelief. Even within the parameters of the show's universe.

Which brings me back to my particular rant -- all because someone dislikes the current writing, doesn't mean the current writing is bad. You never know to whom the writing is appealing. That's why I stopped the whole "FIRE THE HACKS!" nonsense ages ago.

• Members

At least Im watching the last segment. When Guza was here, I would completely tune out after about 10 minutes or so of the show

LOL..I have better things to do then waste my time with something I dont like. I was only watching for Sam and Jason this past week and they werent on yesterday. Skye was the best part of the show and now she's gone. The only thing on the horizon Im remotely interestd in is Lisa and thats only if it isnt the same rinse wash, repeat cycle with her

• Members

I feel like that was aimed at me. And I thought we were past all that...huh.png

Anyway, I have to agree with you on perception of the writing. Personally, I find the show to be excruciatingly dull and extremely slow. However, I realize that these stories are probably what appeals to some. It just isn't for me. I'm not, personally, seeing any drastic change in writing style from Garin to Guza, as of yet. I also wasn't expecting to! Garin has been in charge for a couple of months and, if I'm correct, is still dealing with some outlines/stories from Guza's pen. Even though I'm not thrilled at the moment, I will say there are aspects I've enjoyed - Monica interacting with Liz/Jason/Sam/Tracy, Tracy being allowed to have her own story outside of Luke, the potential Liz/Matt relationship, etc. That doesn't mean I'm ready to jump on either bandwagon, though. It's too soon to label him Guza 2.0, but it's also far too soon to call him the next Claire Labine. Ask me in 6 months/ a year.

Until then, I'm just going to watch the show. I'll enjoy what I'll enjoy, and I'll leave it at that I suppose. And for anyone who is enjoying the current GH, that's great. I'm glad someone is getting enjoyment out of the shows current state, and I honestly wish it was me. I'm just not feeling it....yet.

Archived