DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it makes sense the show got a boost with all the PR they have done. Good for them. The show is actually watchable although not much is really happening its kind of nice to see all the interaction. I am not a Jarlena fan or Carrie/Austin - I like Jack - but even I got a little misty seeing Marlena back. It depends on how good the stories are and whether what they are selling is something people are interested in watching. So far its decent. I just don't believe they are going to attract AMC viewers. I think they will attract some lapsed Days viewers but I don't know that people really soap jump.

• Members

Gotta agree on Chloe. Not sure why she is being written out when the bitch fight of the decade seems to be looming between her and Kate. When I started watching again I thought, they need a good fight between two strong female characters. It is such a tease. Who else has this kind of conflict and history, Salem seems too loved up at the moment.

They could easily have the EJ/Chloe thing going that was mentioned above with EJ and Nicole and Brady and Chloe hooking up on the side and needing to keep it secret due to Chloe and EJ needing the marriage to work for their own purposes and Kate trying to expose the whole thing. Then you would have EJ and Kate fighting which would add tension between Stefano/Kate/EJ. I think this could also lead to Chloe becoming slightly more devious to keep her son which would add conflict between her and Brady, maybe with Chloe becoming more of a DiMera than she would hope, we all know how the evil just consumes anyone in the DiMera family.

I would also love Eileen to return just for a brief period to shake things up as Kristen, even just for a couple of months. I am sure Susan was dropped off at the Harem and Kristen took off with EJ, makes sense considering how he turned out. She could shake things up for Marlena/John. If they did the EJ/Chloe thing I think Kristen would be a good one to push Chloe further into the DiMera family. Damn I wish this was happening.

• Members

I think the days of jumping soap are kinda over--partly because of all the other options but also because so many people record their soaps--they're not watching live and flipping.

Also, and maybe this is partly me, a lot of AMC viewers don't seem to take to Days--I know I never fully have been able to. (though granted of course there are some who watch both). I love what I've seen of the 70s, but since the 90s I always find it overly styled and static, or something. I know some feel the ABC soaps have too many pretty people, but that's how I feel about Days. Granted part of my perspective is due to when I was a theatre major, Roark who played Mike horton came back to UVIC where he graduated in drama to do some workshops, he had just finished his main run at Days and complained how even compared to other soaps he felt they didn't allow much flexibility--the blocking was very static, he claims they still used telepromptors when the New York soaps had given up on them by 1980 or so, etc, so it's probably an unfair view on my part. ANd that was over 10 years ago.

• Members

Today definitely felt more like a "real" episode -- as in, there was conflict and stuff happened. I like that things aren't perfect between Brady and John. It seems like part of an effort to clean up Brady after some really sloppy writing the past year (beginning around the Vivian sarcophagus story), and it adds some much-needed drama. Plus we had Jack finally being revealed, Hope/Bo and the mysterious bank statements, and Marlena's cryptic line about the other reason they're in Salem.

There was also some very deliberate intercutting between Sonny talking to Melanie and Will with Gabi. Innnnteresting... I could get onboard with Sonny and Melanie as BFFs, for sure.

Sad to see Chloe go, but I think a rest is good for the character after all the crap she's been tossed into the past 2-3 years. I hope they bring her back sooner rather than later, but some offscreen time will definitely be a positive.

• Members

Glad Jack was finally revealed.

I loved Sonny's speech to Melanie and how the camera panned over to Will and the look on Will's face. Really good directing there.

Anyone else confused as me by Gabi's "Like my mother says, Sonny's the exception to the rule" line? Was that supposed to be a compliment or a bigoted remark from her mom? I don't get it? Exception to what rule? That he's not a queen? blink.png

• Members

I was LMAO when Jack fell on the cake! LOL at the little effects and freeze frames DAYS used in that scene laugh.png I loved the look on Jenn's face.

The next episode preview rolleyes.gif Not looking forward to seeing Jenn badger Jack before he even gets to fully explain where he's been all this time & why!

Seriously, everything about Patrick Muldoon is annoying to me.

I love Sonny & Mel's friendship!

Loved the Billie and Chelsea mentions we got today! I miss both of them! I can't wait for Kate to launch Countess Wilhelmina!

I am going to miss my Chloe so much sad.png Kinsey to. I really liked that Actress.

I rewinded and listened to that part specifically about 5 times and still could not get it. LOL.

• Members

I like her. But thats it, just like. I dont feel like we know Abby. I would love to see some scenes between her and Melanie or Sonny where she talks a little about herself, her feelings about her family, her wants and hopes, etc.. But this goes for every single woman on the show (And reminds me of the time it looked like we would get such a friendship and scenes from Sami and Stephanie - who needed this above and beyond anyone else - only for it to be dropped)

Archived