OLTL: Speculation about Jess/Ford

• Members

David Gregory posted on his FB that his airdates for September.

September 6,7, 21, and 27.

What happened to his big story in the late summer/fall which was supposed to be Jess/Ford/Tess triangle?

I read on DD (yeah I know, but they do sometimes have real insiders) that they scrapped the Jessica/Ford story because Bree Williamson is not making the move to PP so they will have Jessica sort of play in the background for the rest of the ABC run and probably wait until PP to do anything major with her,

All I can say about this is thank god we may have averted the awful Jess/Ford pairing.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then that shows fan opinion is meaningless.

I don't think anyone at OLTL cares how fans feel about Jess/Ford. They spent a year trashing characters and rewriting history for this couple. If it's suddenly stopped it must be due to some issues going on within the show. I would guess that TSJ's departure and the need to push forward a lot of the Todd story is a factor.

• Members

And Ford only had 4 airdates in August as well... with the lack of Nate & James and the continued airtime of Starr & Dani, it seems the choice to cancel OLTL really put a kink in their airtime. And ratings have never been higher, hah!

I like Tess better than Jessica, at one point I did like Tess/Ford but now I just don't care. After Jessica returned and the way that she acted, could care less about the character!

• Members

I think it's a little of both. If "Fess" had had any traction with the audience, they might've been tempted to feature it both on ABC and online. However, BW's decision not to join the online show just made it easier for TPTB to decide not to push ahead.

• Members

I hope not. At the very least, I'd write off Jess for awhile, and then either recast or bring back Erin Torpey. With Megan dead, Kevin and Joey off-canvas, and Natalie not really that strong of a character (IMO), Viki needs at least one child on the canvas who makes a big (and hopefully, positive) impact.

• Members

As much as I hate to thank Brian Frons for anything, he's probably responsible for the Ford brothers' reduced airtime. Frank and Ron were convinced America would flock to their bare torsos like flies to dogshit, but time has proven them wrong.

Archived