AMC Monday, August 22, 2011

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes and another problem with it is that they spent over a month hyping up her return. Every day had Tad and other characters breaking out about how wonderful Dixie was. They practically canonized her into sainthood. Way too much talk about how great their love was and how she was his soulmate. You would expect something so much bigger after a setup like that but its been all underwhelming. I dont get that Tad is in love with her by his interactions with her anymore, than I buy that she is in love with him. The chemistry just isnt there anymore

• Members

Yes, and we'll never know what the original storyline was. I feel David would have still been involved, but my guess it would hit all the old familiar beats of his obsession with her, instead of she just being one notch in his god complex.

• Members

I hate that they had JR make those horrible statements. They are trying to destroy JR at the feet of Minx and the Carey Hos. What made JR who he is is the *battle*. Everyone around him has played Hatfields and McCoys since the minute he was born. Both sides trashing the other and telling JR he can only be good and worthy if he behaves their way not and the other side's way. Obviously they are gearing up for a big fall for JR. It doesn't seem they ever want a Treasured Carey to be a loser.

• Members

Well, anyway... as of today's AMC air show, the countdown begins. We've got a month left until September 23rd... and we're still in the same quagmire we've been in.

Slavery.

Adam's to blame for everything wrong with JR.

Everybody spends five to six scenes an episode talking about David.

<_<

• Members

I can't believe people actually think Zack isn't playign David... I could be completely wrong, but I doubt it.

I thought it was an ok episode. The beats are still being played a bit too fast (ie this Cara David stuff actually kinda works for me, even if it seems a redo of past Tad stories, but it happened SO fast, and Liza and Dixie should have had SOME reaction to each other), but I don't blame Broderick for that. I do think the show owuld have been better off not bringing Zack back, and, to a lesser agree, not beothering with Dixie either, though I have liked her with JR.

• Members

Yeah, I thought it was clear that Zach is playing David & Kendall is in on his plan.

The beats are playing out too fast but I don't blame Broderick because the show doesn't have enough time to play them at this point. It would've been great for Dixie to have reunions with everyone instead of just Tad & JR. I disagree about MEK not bringing it though; the way Tad looks at Dixie is so full of love compared to the way he looked at Cara, Krystal, etc.

I like the idea of David & Cara, but using each other as sexual partners rather than becoming a truly romantic couple.

Zach's return is a bust. He's on too much and while Slavery hasn't become as prominent as they were a few years ago, the potential for them to overtake the show again is getting stronger each day they're all on. Also, Thorston still looks bored to me, just like he did before he left. At least Kendall & Griffin brought energy to their scenes!

Archived