AMC Monday, August 22, 2011

• Members

I don;t even know if bringing Dixie back was worth it. If I was still a fan of theirs I think I would be disappointed because the story well there isn't one except Dixie is back and now she and Tad are together. There's no triangle with Cara. Nothing.Maybe there wasn't time for it.And I have to say MEK and Cady both seem less than excited on screen.

I was a Dixie fan well was and I wasn't screaming for her return. I actually kind of liked her last stint with Adam. It was stupid but campy and kind of fun in a way. This is just blah

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wasn't.

I, too, have been a Tad/Dixie fan in the past, but I feel like Tad's "death" and later "resurrection" took a lot of energy away. Try as they might, but they just weren't the same once "Ted Orsini" remembered his past & returned to Pine Valley.

• Members

I absolutely hate the Orpheus S/L & I think it's a

disgrace that this is the last big storyline that AMC chose to feature before going off ABC.

I'm not a religious person by any means, in fact I wave my atheism flag high and proud, but the whole S/L is borderline blasphemous. David comparing himself to God, a look-a-like Jesus resurrected from the dead etc.

I see all the crack pots being outraged over Minx (who are so dull, I don't how they manage to convey a negative or positive reaction out of anyone) but David acting like God & bringing people back to life is apparently perfectly ok to those people? *smh*

• Members

Who;s outraged over Bianca and Marissa. They are a relatively dull sort of blah couple but they certainly are not offensive.

As for Zach looking like Jesus, I thought I was the only one noticing that. I can't say I am personally offended but no one can tell me its not intentional.

• Members

Yeah, I find it offensive too. Not on a religious basis. (Honestly, I'm incapable of being offended by something on a religious basis. LOL!) But all his God talk is just so over the top. I'm hoping there's some point to it because right now he's coming off as a complete sociopath. I keep calling him Magneto but, honestly, not even comic book villains spout off the way David's been doing. All this "The life you have I gave you!" "Just like God I created life." etc..., is SO clunky and hamfisted and doesn't fit in with the way David has expressed himself in the past. He's always been about being the bestest, most amazing surgeon in the world. It's always been about his skill. This God complex is creepy.

• Members

Well I thought I might be interested in Cara until:

- She went all gaga for David - sex with you was what I needed

- She's on team David

She sounds dumb now.

And exactly what offer did David make to her?

If it were Pratt, JR would be the one crucified along with Bianca

• Members

You see Magneto, I see Ed Harris' character in "The Truman Show" I fully expect a 15 minute monologue from David to be in the finale.

I guess I just assumed there was people outraged.laugh.png

When I think about it, I haven't actually seen any real outrage over them just a lot of "WTF Marissa is gay now?" or "They are so boring"

laugh.png

• Members

I've always been a fan of Tad & Dixie, I was absolutely devastated when she was killed off the last time, so devastated it was the beginning of the end as far as my blind allegiance to this show goes. Up until that point I had always tried my hardest to see the good in the show, even though it was disintegrating before my very eyes. Since then, my viewership has lapsed for weeks, sometimes months at a time. I had always hoped the right would be wronged, and somehow Dixie would be among the living again, reunited with Tad and their daughter and life would go on.

It was naive of me to think all that was needed was a magic wand and that pretty little picture scenario of Tad & Dixie and Kate happy would happen. I have been grossly let down by not only Dixie's return, but the whole "ending" of this show, at least the network version of it. Its not just the rushed, non-sensical writing.... Tad & Dixie were finished long ago. If they weren't finished during Cady's 2005-07 stint, her dying on that table killed them. MEK seems to agree. He's lifeless in his scenes with Cady. Cady I find only has come alive in her scenes with JR.

Its all been a giant waste of time.

• Members

Me too... but then I made up a little story in my head to have it makes sense....

So I figured when Liza was M.I.A. (2005-2009, between Marcy Walker and Jamie Luner) she got really lonely and bored one night so decided to put on her sexiest black dress and go clubbing. Unbeknownst to her, however, the club she picks is a gay club! Liza orders a Dirty Martini at the bar and is approached by a twink named Giovanni, who asks Liza where she buys her wigs! "I'm not a drag queen, baby! HA!", Liza says. "Oh! Sorry, honey! My bad! Let me buy you another drink!", replies Giovanni. So iafter getting hosed and dancing her ass off to Rihanna remixes, Liza becomes a regular and a hit at the club. She makes many gay friends and is sad to leave the gang once she returns to Pine Valley.

• Members

I really think the issue has been trying to do too much in too short a time. I think there is a lesson to be learned from ANnie and JAnets returns. Perfectly done, they brought closure to their characters and in Janets case actually added something to Amanda's cancer storyline. Viewers were thrilled with the crazy looney arc with Erica and how that all wrapped up.

Cue Dixie. They could have done the same thing with Dixie. Is there a reason we need Cady on canvas for over a month? Adam could have easily returned to fill the supporting role in JR's story and probably would have been more interesting. They could have brought Dixie back the last week or two with alll the fanfare and let the 3 move on happily ever after and kept the fans illusions in tact. This to me just diminishes Tad and Dixie even more if possible.

• Members

I'd buy it! Done! One of the vindictive queens needs to come to Pine Valley and blackmail Liza or he'll reveal her old life. After waffling on the issue, she goads him to reveal all, the whole town can't possibly think any less of her anyway. The vindictive queen remembers how much fun Liza was and drops the blackmail plot and refocuses his efforts into turning ConFusion into the hottest gay/lesbian/bi/trans/questioning bar this side of the Mississippi! No need for a name change, ConFusion says it all :lol:

Archived