AMC - Friday - August 19, 2011

• Members

Sad.

I'll tell you this much, even if I wasn't a Babe fan I still would never condone the things JR does and I would still dislike him on principal because he is a misogynistic, homophobic, rich-boy tyrant who gets joy out of hurting people and there is no way to excuse the things that he does.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jacob Young you are kidding right? We are talking about 2 fictional characters, JR Chandler and Bianca Montgomery aren't we? Where did the line get crossed into Jacob Young the person?

The fact you continue to fail to recognize is JR lashing out with this [!@#$%^&*] is a pattern of behavior when he;s down. NO one is even attempting to justify it but you're using this to label him as a homophobe so I suppose he's also a racist, is against disabled people, hates convicted felons, etc.. JR uses his own and everyone elses vulerabilties to lash out he always has. Can he be dispicable at times yes, but I would hardly consider him a member of the nazi party or arian brotherhood.

• Members

I call them Jacob Young troops because I don't think they understand or even know the character of JR outside of him in the role. It's nothing against the actor. I think the actors great and from my understanding he is a very nice guy. However I think most of his fans just seem to think he is hot and have an attachment to JR just because Jacob is in the role so they defend him because they have a thing for Jacob. If anyone else was in the role they wouldn't defend him half as much and would likely see him for the destructive, abusive, chauvinistic, homophobic, !@#$%^&*] he truly is.

As I said before above:

The fact that JR attacks homosexuality and uses it against several characters shows that he has a hatred and disgust of gay people. Point blank. The things he says, the way he says them, the way he uses being gay as if it is something to be ashamed of shows this. He once told Babe that he didn't like the fact that people were gay but he dealt with it because it didn't concern him. He has been written to be this way since 2004 and I can't overlook it especially when the show beats me over the head with it. JR is homophobic.

• Members

Please learn how to embed because I'm not gonna click on any link you provide with the fear of it leading to some Alexa Havens shrine barkfest site.

And no, those comments still don't prove that JR is some raging homophobe that proclaimed Babe to be an unfit mother.

It's in the first clip, the same scene, the same episode that clear drama posted. JR talks about what a big skank your Babe is and how all she's done is lie and sleep her way to a gold card. It's most definitely in the context of the dialogue...since it came right after!!

*reaching*

• Members

Reaching hard

JR:The judge will take one look at this photo (photo of Babe and Bianca in bed together) and you will be a non-person and a non-parent.

Meaning...

Judge: Ms. Carey aren't you married?

Babe: Yes your honor, but I wasn't cheating...(judge looks at the photo)

Binx did her wise assumptions, what she's known for in that scene, b/c JR never said anything homophobic.

• Members

You could argue that JR is just going to take the prejudice of another person and use it for his advantage, but honestly how is that any better? He is still endorsing homophobia and using hatred for gays and lesbians for his own gain thus promoting homophobia indirectly anyway. Either way it's clear that he thinks lesbianism is grounds for losing your child. I don't even begin to understand how that is better or more defense-able

I don't know how to embed. Sorry. sad.png

JR doesn't deny it. He could have easily said that her being a lesbian doesn't matter. The fact that the scene implies that JR is using lesbianism against Babe is enough to show the intent of the scene. He even infers the judges prejudice in the scene that I posted above and says that he will contribute to his homophobia by giving him donations to his next campaign.

• Members

But that clouds your judgement too doesn't it when it comes to Babe. I admit it colors my judgement with certain characters. IF I like a character and particularly an actor I can over look and forgive a lot more. I find Ryan, Kendall, Greenlee, and Zach unbearable most of the time but then I don't care for the actors that much and none of the characters do much for me. But then I love Adam Chandler and don't know a damn about David Canary.

• Members

I was only really enaged in the scenes with Colby and JR and Liza and I think she won because JR screwed up trying to bribe the judge. Sadly Bianca and Marissa are just boring and I don't pay much attention to them but I think she said she got custody but didn't mention why or at least not what I saw

Ok I wasn't watching much then but was there a custody storyline going on earlier in the year? Was that before MArissa and Bianca became friends?

Archived