AMC - Friday - August 19, 2011

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think all is that meets the eye here. They didn't show us the middle of Zach and Kendall's conversation and there appeared to be a plan in motion between the two. They were discussing doing that mystery item together and having to do it. I think he or they may be playing David and Pine Valley to get some answers.

Greenlee and Kendall's scenes discussing Leo and Gillian were terrific.

• Members

He doesn't love his son enough to stop drinking, stop being an imbecile and get himself into a program that can help him. He still doesn't even seem to comprehend the fact that Marissa and Bianca aren't the problem. He is the problem and he needs to get himself under control. He is still blaming others for his own actions and if he can't realize that then there is no way he should be caring for minors. Especially with the way he has been acting lately by attacking people in the streets, stealing cars, driving drunk, getting into accidents, manhandling people, etc. JR is dangerous and abusive.

This happens across all soaps though I feel. He is only an addict when the story needs him to be. It works as a latch key excuse so the audience can feel sympathy for him and excuse him because this isn't the 'real JR' (as if that provides some excuse and as if he isn't still responsible for those actions while drunk). JR's alcoholism is just used as a plot device so JR can cause trouble and then have it easily rectified because he wasn't in control of himself. It's a light switch dependency issue which is why I don't give it real merit most of the time. He is still who he is and there are still shades of abuse, dysfunction and hatred within the man even when he is sober. When he is drunk he just lets it out more. But saying that he isn't responsible for his actions are the same arguments teenagers use when they excuse their bad behavior by saying there was alcohol involved and that they were drunk and not thinking properly. It's a flimsy excuse at best.

I'm still waiting for the excuses and justifications from certain interest groups to make an appearance. How in the world can you argue that this man isn't anti-Gay?

• Members

B/c he's never ever been a homophobe, he's a jerk and nasty to everyone, I haven't even watched today's epi. but if LoBro wrote him homophobic it's OOC and a plot device to root for Minx since they aren't sh!t w/o him. JR insults everybody not just gay or bisexual or transgender people.

• Members

Except for the fact that he is insulting them because of their sexual preference. Every comment he makes is a derogatory one about them being gay and being lesbians. His insults aren't even an insult only to Bianca and Marissa they are an insult to the entire gay community because JR is attacking them for liking the same sex and being homosexual. That is the DEFINITION of being homophobic/anti-gay. You can try and excuse it any way you want but JR has insulted virtually every gay character he has ever interacted with for being different and liking the same sex, that says everything I could ever say right there. He doesn't think Bianca and Marissa should raise little Adam because they are lesbians not because they are Marissa and Bianca but because they like the same sex.

huh.png How is that not bigoted homophobic anti-gay sentiment ideology?

• Members

I agree that it was realistic and in character for JR. I don't consider him a homophobe but it is in character for JR to hit where it hurts and below the belt and Marissa and Bianca being lesbians is the easy target not to mention that of course it hurt his overblown ego.

JR is the Laurel of amc (for people who watch the challenge: Rivals on mtv) and I kinda love them both for it! tongue.png

I've thought this myself. I just doesn't make sense that LH would be paired with either of those three and I can just immagine the WTF face on her passions fans that followed her to AMC.

Needless to say, I'm kinda skeeved out by all three of the pairings.

• Members

If AMC was going on I wonder if they would have had JR turn Marisa straight again, or whatever. I don't think ABC would have had a gay couple raising children. With Bianca/Reese they made sure to paint Reese as sexually confused or secretly straight for most of her stay.

• Members

I'm not gay. It's hilarious to me that this could be the only reason why I would be offended by JR's actions, words, vitriol. That's obviously the only reason I would be angry about him. No, I just find his character to be incredibly repulsive because he is so full of hate. He is homop

• Members

I agree. JR calls everyone a nasty name,

I did get pissy there for awhile because I knew there were gonna be some idiots who would start screaming "HOMOPHOBE!" but then I saw the smart comments here on SON and it calmed me down but in the end as much as I appreciated the realism of the whole thing I don't appreciate the nimcumpoops who will use it as an excuse so that Marissa and Bianca should get custody. Like the alcoholism wasn't enough?

Alcoholism is a disease! If he could just stop drinking like that then he wouldn't be an alcoholic. It certainly nothing to do with not loving his son.

That is just an ignorant but expected statement.

You wrote:

Kinda like how JR is a homophobe when the story needs him to be?

• Members

It's hilarious to me how you make excuses for that skank ho and her family. It's amazing to me how you continue beat this bullsh!t that JR was always some homophobe, right.....right.... same guy that did lamaze classes w/ Binx, knowing who Binx is and even let her be godmother and etc, Also amazing to me how in that video JR in truth said he didn't love that skank b!tch and just wanted his kid. But we'll ignore that b/c in story it does not serve it's purpose.laugh.png

• Members

I think the big problem with the story is that he's not struggling to quit. I wish he would take his son into account and actually try to be sober but utlimately find it difficult. The way its written, him drinknig is a pure choice, simply bc life sucks and things arent going his way. He isnt drinking bc he craves the alcohol; he is doing it bc he wants to and is being self destructive bc he feels hurt. AJ doesnt seem to play into that equation at all.

I think he definetly loves his sonl; theres no question about that, but JR is dead wrong. He has absolutely NO business being a father in his current state. He is a miserable drunk who doesnt care enough about his own life let alone be responsible for an 8 yr old. Marissa is 100% right in this situation in that JR is a danger to all around him with his recent behavior. AJ doesnt even want to be around him. He needs to sober up, grow up and take responsibility for his life and the direction its heading in. He has some major issues to work out and if and only when he fixes them,should he get custody back of his son. I wish he was rational enough to understand that

Archived