AMC - Friday - August 19, 2011

• Members

I admit I can't stand Babe or the Carey family never have and that probably colors my view of JR but I have NEVER EVER said JR was perfect, was not an SOB, has not done repulsive things, has not tried to railroad people, is a bastard a lot, but never has the show tried to sugarcoat his behavior. At least not that I have observed but since when is JR a homophobe. I get being a fangirl or fanboy of certain characters but are people honestly going to say that in the real world a man would be ok with his wife leaving him for a lesbian relationship and would be a-ok turning HIS son over to her to raise and not be bitter about it. Forget a well adjusted male but someone as broken and damaged as JR is. Get real even the most well adjusted male would lash out.

Its hilarious how people remember that Babe and Bianca were friends yet forget JR and Bianca were friends long before then.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're still not getting it. It's not the fact that he calls people nasty names. It's the fact that JR uses lesbianism as something to be ashamed of and attacks the very thought/concept of a person being in love with another person who is the same sex. I don't even understand how someone couldn't get this. It would be different if he was insulting Bianca about a salient character trait specific to her, if he insulted her wardrobe, her hair, her looks, etc. that would be an insult about Bianca, Marissa, Zarf/Zoe, Babe, etc. What JR does however is he insults the gay person for liking the same sex and not being heterosexual. He isn't insulting the person because of the way they are or the way they act something specific to them. He insults them BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY. That is homophobic.

If JR wanted to stop he could, he could go through a twelve step program, sign up into a group, get a sponsor, ect. JR doesn't want to stop, he could stop but he chooses not to. That's not ignorance that is fact. JR doesn't get that he is volatile and dangerous and if he stopped drinking that would show some good faith in getting him to joint custody. As it stands he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near AJ while he is drinking.

Umm. No. JR's been saying homophobic things to Bianca, Marissa, Babe, Zoe/Zarf, etc. for years now.

That was Babe who forced that on him. LOL. Pretty much most of the time in 2004 when Bianca was in Bess's life it was because Babe wanted her to be in it. Not because JR did. JR wanted nothing to do with Bianca through out most of 2004 and he wanted Bianca no where near Bess.

• Members

I look at it this way, he'd be trotting out the same kind of ugliness if she left him for a black man or a white guy in a wheelchair or somebody he went to AA meetings with. Look at the prison comments he makes to Scott or the number of times he called Annie a crazy bitch. It's nasty and ugly but its JR. He's always been written as a gutter fighter when wounded. It's part of the reason I've never been able to really like him because you know the minute something doesn't go his way, he'll be back with the cheap shots and dick behavior.

• Members

What are you talking about? He says in the video I put up that Babe should not be near Bess because she is a lesbian. How is that not homophobic?

That mind set and ideology is called something though. I feel you just made the point that he does have such prejudices within him.

• Members

No this is.

Bianca: You would use the fact that I'm a lesbian to peg Babe as an unfit mother.

JR:The judge will take one look at this photo (photo of Babe and Bianca in bed together) and you will be a non-person and a non-parent.

Bianca: Oh so I see, you just scored cause there is now way a lesbian could be a good mother right.

JR: We'll lets just say Bianca we all got lucky tonight.

JR: No judge will hand over Bess to Babe now.

http://www.youtube.c...?v=YALa8f-cWYc

• Members

I don't know that I have ever liked JR. But I feel like I have understood the character and he's nasty and despicable a lot, he is a dick but then they don't try and justify his nastiness either. He gets called out and generally pays for his shittiness. Same for Adam but in Adams case he can be charming and clevor and witty so I actually like him. Its people like Ryan and Zach who because they are considered the morality of the show can act as shitty to women or anyone and it doesn't matter because the recipients in some way in their cases deserve it.

• Members

I think you are overexaggerating the scene and quite frankly, I doubt you even watched it.

You saw a chance to jump down JR's throat, took it and used the LGBT issues to do so which IMO is kinda sad and disgraceful.

You are right about my comparison, I think there have been three occasions of JR saying something that could be costrued as homophobic unlike his alcoholism and drug use which was set in motion when Jesse McCartney was in the role and has been going on for years and years.

So, yes, the two storyline/issues should not even have been brought up in the same post since one is a throwaway line now and then in 8 years while another is a fullblown storyline/ character trait that has been going on for 15 years.

Babe was so nice to let Bianca be the God Mother to her own daughter, what an angel..rolleyes.gif

• Members

Yes because saying two lesbians would never raise his child leaves him so much room to work with. The Jacob Young troops are always a blast to engage with.

That's not what they were talking about and it says that nowhere in the context of the dialogue. He is saying Babe wouldn't get custody because she had sex with Bianca and because she was a lesbian. Did you even watch the show then?

Archived