• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A few weeks ago, Antenna TV aired the episode of Too Close for Comfort where Monroe falls in love with Jackie's co-worker who (naturally) turns out to be a man borrowing his sister's identity (because it's easier to get a leg up in the fashion industry as a woman than it is as a raging hetero like this guy... I'm just gonna leave that plot point alone for right now, maybe later in the yet to be created TCFC thread). At any rate, it was obvious that this was no flash in the pan role for this gentleman, he reminded me of the men my parents described when they saw La Cage in Vegas. I Googled him, Christopher Morley, and sure enough, I remembered him from Bachelor Party in another female impersonating role. I was surprised to see that he'd done the same in a recurring role as a bartender on GH in the classic Luke and Laura era. Do any of you guys remember him? OLTL did the same thing in the '90s with Wendy the bartender.

• Members

Not just with Wendy, though. Remember when Charles Busch (that's his name, right?) appeared as a modeling agent named Peg Barlow (?) one summer when Jen Rappaport was in NYC? I don't know why, but I felt as if that story was Lorraine Broderick's.

Edited by Khan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I didn't know where else to put this, but I stumbled upon a local article from a North Carolina publication that was published a few months ago where they interviewed Nancy Curlee and Stephen Demorest (most famous for being HW's of GL).

Anyway, Nancy says she was offered the HW position at GH in 1996. I assume this was to replace the Labine's, but she declined (even though, apparently, she was consulting for GH and AMC in 1995) due to being pregnant with her third child.

Anyway, I wonder how different the show would have turned out, we may never have gotten Guza at all. Does anyone remember anyone else being mentioned in the press at the time as possible replacements for the Labine's? It interesting that ABC apparently wanted Curlee, but went with Guza (paired with Karen Harris) when they couldn't get her. Or it could have been they wanted Curlee to replace Guza (as Guza left in late 1996 to do Sunset Beach), but no idea on the timing...

http://www.newsoforange.com/news/article_471ac8fa-681a-11e3-abf7-0019bb2963f4.html

Edited by BetterForgotten