GH: Classic Thread

• Members

They not only chem tested her with Ned, they chem tested her with Ashton! And Colton, at least in the immediate aftermath of his triangle with Frisco & Felicia.

I can see it now ... a ripped from the headlines story where Terry returns, seeking legal action against Bobbie for a conservatorship she was placed under during the Purity Water/O'Connor brothers mess.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In 1965 Emily MacLaughlin and John Beradino fought and won to be credited on every episode.At that point union rules specified cast list must be run at least once a week.

Emily was on a yearly contract and John had signed on for five years.

Guess they fought this together and producers decided it was a small price to pay to keep them happy.

MacDonald Carey got credit on every Days ep and I think Joan Bennett did also on Dark Shadows.

At some point Mary Stuart was credited on every Serach ep.

Those 60's eps of The Doctors also list a certain actors in every ep.

• Members

I’m pretty sure he kept that vanity credit in the 1980’s too, can’t remember if she did.  His name was always in the credits for as long as I can remember.

I’m not surprised the network gave in to any of their demands, because back in the very early days they were the whole show.  I remember someone saying during the 35th anniversary show the talk of the industry was the workload for both of them.  Pretty sure it was Denise Alexander who said it.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Hunt Powers  (Jack Betts)  as Dr. Ken Martin  article from 1965.  (He also appeared on The Young Marrieds in the same role, albeit briefly.)

The Hartford Current

September 12, 1965

NEW FAIRFIELD (Special) – The newly-formed Meadowbrook Playhouse concludes its season this week with the second week of its run of “Sound of Music.”

Hunt Powers, a regular player on television “General Hospital” series in the main role of Dr. Ken Martin, is portraying Baron von Trapp at Meadowbrook.

The theater began its season on August 3 with “Harvey” and has produced a half dozen plays this summer. Its Fall season is scheduled to begin the last week in September. For “Sound of Music” curtains will be Tuesday through Saturday at 8:30 p.m. with matinees Wednesday and Saturday at 2:30 p.m.

Powers, who will also have major roles in “Blue Denim” and “Tea and Sympathy” has for years been a summer resident in Connecticut. Od Swedish, English and Cherokee heritage, he is the nephew of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Engstrom of 21 Brookland Rd., Southington and is a grandson, three times removed of Millard Fillmore, the 13th U.S. President.

Powers career is rounded with motion pictures, Broadway off-Broadway plays and coast-to- coast summer stock. Among his stage credits are “Sweet Bird of Youth,” “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,” “Richard the III,” “The Fantasticks” and west coast premiere of “Milk Train Doesn’t Stop Here Anymore.”

“Ever since my ancestors settled in New England in 1656, someone of the family has lived in Connecticut so there’s always that wonderful feeling of coming home when my schedule allows for a visit here. My work has been mostly in California for the past eight years and I don’t get to see my relatives as often as I’d like to.”

“Sound of Music” is being produced by John P. Kizarr and directed by Dickson Hughes, who is wielding the musical baton as well.

Dianne Barton co-stars as Maria opposite Powers.

The 38-member cast features resident luminaries Ed Penn, Wally Griffin, Joseph Masiell, Dina Paisner and Jan Tanzy.

Baron Maximillian von Waldeck created the costumes and Peter Wingate, having just completed a season at the Royal Alexandria in Toronto, has designed the sets and is in charge of lighting.

Reservations may be made by calling the box office daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Regarding original cast member Carolyn Craig  (Cynthia Allison Martin. Had been involved with married man Dr. Phil Brewer before marrying Ken)

June 64

to promote her part of Cynthia Allison, the "other woman" on ABC-TV's "General Hospital," the press reports that she became skilled in the use of a snorkel when she spent a summer vacation on Santa Catalina Island while she was a theater arts student at Santa Barbara Junior College

She also appeared on numerous television shows including Perry Mason, The Rifleman, and The Life And Legend Of Wyatt Earp. Because she looked so young she was often cast as teenagers. Her marriage to Charles ended in 1961. Although many of her performances got good reviews she never became an A-list star. She joined the cast of the soap opera General Hospital in 1963. The following year Carolyn married Arthur Bryden, the manager of a car dealership. Her final acting role was in a 1967 episode of the T.H.E. Cat. She divorced Arthur in the Spring of 1970 and fell into a deep depression. On December 12, 1970 she committed suicide by shooting herself in her Culver City home. She was only thirty-six years old. Carolyn was buried in an unmarked grave at Inglewood Cemetery in Inglewood, California.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Teddy Quinn   1966   (Scott Bentley Baldwin)

In 1974 Quinn embarked on a career as a musician. During the 1990s, he was one of the co-founders, with Fred Drake and Dave Catching, of the Rancho De La Luna recording studio in Joshua Tree, California, and he continues to collaborate there as a singer, guitarist, and producer. He is a member of the band Rock Art and has released a number of CDs. In 2006 co-wrote lyrics with American recording artist Justin Winokur for the song "End of the Road", which appeared on Winokur's 2008 album "Leaving". The album was produced in Sweden by multi-platinum producer Christoffer Lundquist and reissued in 2019. After several years as a local radio DJ, he is currently DJing at Radio Free Joshua Tree, a live streaming internet station. He also organizes music festivals, and hosts two long-running live music venues: the weekly open mic Reality Show at Pappy & Harriet's in Pioneertown (2007–present) and the Open Jam Super Ruby Tuesday show at the Joshua Tree Saloon (2008–present).      via Wikipedia

I'm looking into them. I posted info on #2.  Scotty #1 was Johnny Whitakher (Family Affair) but the other three I'm seeing if @jam6242 can find us some info.