OLTL 2.0: Who should be the new HW?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with Vee.

Surely OLTL has someone that they can promote from within who's been there?

I get they did that with Carlivati, but he needed a Co-HW to balance him out. I won't miss him having promising characters go crazy as a way to write them out, or needlessly killing off characters, or writing out promising characters because ABC has a fit and doesn't seem to want a racially/sexually diverse canvas on what should be one of the most diverse soaps out there.

• Members

Although it is something that's plagued soaps since the late 60s, at least. But yeah, is there anyone on the writing staff who could be promoted (aside from Jean P). I know Elzabeth Page has done some HW--she co HW AMC with Agnes for a brief bit in 99 before, grrr, Jean Passanante took over--but I believe many fans don't think much of her, though I'm not sure why.

• Members

Does Ron C. have a protege that's probably the only person that I would trust on staff since proteges usually take after their mentors.

Outside of that I have no idea who should be writing this soap maybe someone who writes for the online soaps like The Bay or something.

• Members

She made her rep as a breakdown writer (I think) on OLTL under Malone's first tenure, but when she briefly co-HW the show it was unwatchable, then on AMC it was unwatchable (and admidst rumours of her firing she fled to ATWT--leaving AMC without a HW. I was amazed a soap would hire her after that, but I guess she maybe knew people). I agree wholeheartedly, but maybe under a strong HW she IS a good breakdown writer--many good or decent writers make terrible HW.

I'd be all for them trying to find fresh, non-soap blood. Is there some good playwright out there who's a big fan or something? lol

Archived