AMC: Monday, August 15, 2011

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can see JR's reaction. He's happy with Dixie, she dies. Then she "comes back" in the form of Di, he gets emotionally involved and it turns out she's fake. Dixie comes back from the dead, JR gets emotionally involved, she dies again. Nothing good in JR's mind has happened recently with Dixie coming back so I can see why he would have reservations getting involved again. That being said, JR should trust Dixie because she is the only person who truly cares about him right now.

• Members

That scene where Jack picked up Erica and carried her to the bedroom had an odd final episode feel to it, like I could picture them ending like that.

I guess I'm in the minority, I mean I know it's happened to him before, but I don't think I'd be able to shake the miracle factor here if I was J.R. And I have never enjoyed J.R. the whiney alcoholic anyway. If JY's going to B&B, I wonder if they'll recast or just give the character a break for a while.

• Members

I really liked JY J.R. when he first came tot own and was a nice, caring guy before Babe dicked him over. I always got an off-putting arrogant vibe from the actor and his version of J.R. helped me reconcile that. Then of course he became a bitter, mean, alcoholic. Even back in the Jesse M. days they tried to give him a little bite as Adam's son, I liked that in theory (seemed forced on such a young kid) but it would be cool if J.R. did kick a little ass in a s/l while being totally in the right for once.

Archived