OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 8

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO....Ron might want to hire you for his writing team after reading this.

For me, Cole was the lesser of the two evils that followed, James and Baz. Cole at least had a connection to Marty and Patrick. The Fords and Tomas's insta-family are pointless and don't serve a purpose at all.

• Members

THIS. I don't mind Cole the character, but I would prefer a recast. He and Griffin on AMC, I get fixated on the nasty sounds they make when they talk and I will literally mute the TV.ph34r.png

James is weird because I almost feel sorry for actor and character. There's this underlying kicked puppy sadness about him, like he senses Starr will ultimately not choose him because he's too sweet or something. And Baz is such a little stankamuffin, I don't know what Starr sees there really. Really, Cole probably was the perfect match for her. Good heart, even balance of toughness and sensitivity, f'd up enough to make her feel good about herself, smart and experienced enough to call her on her [!@#$%^&*] without sounding like a little bitch.

• Members

And he was too good for any girl on the canvas. I don't think one young female has matched his level-headedness and sound nature, with the possible exception of Destiny, but Markko/Destiny is all types of wrong (and maybe even a little illegal)...

• Members

To my surprise, Matthew became my favorite character to grow out of these past few years of OLTL viewing. A good young actor who made the most of his material with a hilarious deadpanned snarkiness that so many young actors (some of whom are on the show now) would have overplayed and ruined. I don't know what they're working on, and Nora's desperation/Destiny's agonizing is good stuff, but EA is too good of an actor to be wasted on this material for too long. I would be thrilled if Matthew and Destiny continued on the online/cable show. Say what you will about SE's ability, but these characters have provided a much needed balance to the Starr and Fords dominated youth scene.

• Members

Maybe if Destiny were played by a competent actress...I felt bad enough for Jason Tam given who his contemporaries already were.

I really loved Eddie these last two years or so as well..He definitely became the much better actor out of the two Aldersons..Could not stand him as a child.

• Members

:lol: I think he's too sharp for Cole. Cole has to have a bit of that empty-headed alcoholic frat boy thing about him. For instance, in another SORASed dimension or whatever, the guy who plays Brody could have been a Cole (imho). On the other hand, if the second Marty (Christina Chambers? was that her name?) was still in the role, I could imagine Asher from AMC as Cole. He would be like the Fumero to Yorlin's Cristian, the spruced up with less grit version.

Archived