AMC: Thursday, August 4, 2011

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice episode. I like Erica trying to help Dixie but gawd almighty how hard up is that Oakhaven orderly to go sniffing around Janet? Geez man, get a hooker.

I'm okay with where Jake/Amanda are. Yes, there should've been more fall out from the cheating on both sides but that's just another casualty of cancellation and that's okay. Frankly, I've seen enough men on ABC calling their wives and girlfriends "bitch" and "whore" to last me a lifetime and as long as JR is on the show I'm pretty sure AMC will do its part to meet the "bitch/whore/skank" quota. I like seeing Jake step up for his wife and I like the fact that Tad/Cara/Jake/Amanda have made peace and are acting like a family. That's the Martin vibe I like. I really enjoyed Opal getting Amanda to realize that she is good enough for Jake and that the show highlighted that Amanda's insecurity is really more about Janet not Jake. She's afraid of being rejected because she thinks people see Janet in her. That was a nice bit of character growth. It reminded me a little of Erica telling Jane to own her identity.

And yes, I'm going to say it: I HATE that Dixie's return means that Tad is going to be shackled once again as half of this dysfunctional played-out "supercouple." He and Cara are great together and MEK and LH have wonderful chemistry. Tad and Dixie hadn't been genuinely happy since before Brian Bodine.

• Members

I think they are adorable and I think MEK and Lindsey work well together but no they have no sexual chemistry but not every couple needs to be hot and steamy. Look at all the sexless couples on GH. But I am so over Dixie back from

the dead. It's nice for fans of Tad and DIxie and yeah it was a blunder killing her off but out of all these returns, hers is the one I have been least excited about. Adam, Brooke, even Leo yes and I think I might even like Gillians. Dixie is like meh to me.

And Jake and Amanda, I think the fallout could have been bigger. But I tend to agree its nice for a change to see a couple handle it maturely and take responsibility both of them. Sure its not that soapy but I tend to think the whole Cara, Jake, Tad, Amanda, JR stuff changed course when the cancellation hit anyway.

• Members

And this is what has killed soaps. Good lord another WTD story? I know I know its a soap staple and so relevant in 2011. Blech. I can almost be grateful AMC got cancelled so we wouldn't have to see another one of these play out. I kind of like the idea of Amanda having cervical cancer. Now there is a story relevant to 2011 and you at least have writers at the helm who can likely tell this kind of story.

And seeing Leo WOW!!! I like how they ended the show. Now thats the way to do a cliffhanger.

• Members

@Eric - There was no second death for Mike Roy. As you know, that resurrection was part of McTavish disastrous 1998 return to AMC. She clearly didn't get the significance of Mike on Erica's life and wrote the whole thing for "laughs." They were nothing like the intense couple of 15 years prior. As I recall it, Erica soon seemed as put off as the viewers, and Mike simply left town.

That aside, I replayed that obituary scene several times on DVR - and I can't really tell what Ryan mumbled right there. For all I know, he could have said "my groin!"

Archived