Is Bravo's The Housewives SERIES the NEW SOAPS?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I only listed those that are actual HOUSEWIVES, which is what R was asking.

You're right about Lisa (BH), I forgot about that. She should be off the list, although technically I think her husband does most of the work. What she does for the restaurants seems to be more of a hobby than anything (decorating/events).

Lisa (Atlanta) definitely had a corporate job on Season 1, so she's out. Kim was never married, true... she was more like Jo - not married, but stuck in the housewife lifestyle/role.

Vicki is the epitome of NOT-housewife. She loves to work. Same with Bethanney.

Also, not true about the first season of NYC. Jill worked at the fabric store everyday with Bobby. Ramona has always worked, and she was showcased in Season 1 buying used clothing/jewelry (something like that) and selling at wholesale (something along those lines). She mentioned several times how she loves earning money as a woman, and how women should never have to rely on a man (she had Daddy issues). Alex worked as a graphic designer for Victoria's Secret (I believe)... Luann was the only housewife.

• Members

I wouldnt even put Kim in the same category as Jo. Jo had a fiancee that she lived with and she had all the benefits of being a housewife without the papers. Kim was a glorified mistress. She lived alone with her kids and her man already had a wife and slept with her on the side. She was a HO, not a housewife...LOL

• Members

Well you must not have ever seen it much.

The show started off kind of boring with Lauren moving to LA and living with her friend heidi. Of course then Audrina and Spencer entered the picture, Spencer caused a huge rift between Heidi and Lauren and watching Lauren deal with the reality of losing a close friend was so emotional because we have all been there. There was nothing she could do about it. She tried to make it work but it became clear it just wasnt and there as the scene where lauren was just done and it was so sad to watch her have to tell heidi to stay out of her life.

Then she grew close with Audrina and the same thing happened with Justin Bobby, and then Lo came to LA and Audrian felt like she was pushed aside in the friendship, another thing i think most people can relate to. Not to mention all the relationship and family drama that went down.

The show was about friendships, growing up, and moving forward and it covered all the harsh reality that comes with that unlike another other young show tried. As fake as it was, it felt real. It never tried to hard.

Not to mention it has one of the best finales to a tv show i have ever seen.

• Members

What other show?

Anyway, different strokes. I did watch quite a bit of it at one pont, as my close friend and I used to always have drinks at his place Friday nights before going clubbing, and his roomate was obsessed with the show 9although she pretended she only watched it to mock it). Just let me say that I wouldn't have managed to sit through even ten minutes of it if I hadn't been drinking when it was on...

Archived