AMC: Monday, July 11, 2011

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Angie/David were fabulous today, R. Just watch their scenes if you can't stomach the rest, and, given the constant talk of STDs, you probably won't be able to. Nowhere near "bag of blood" territory, though, so there's that.

I maintain that without Jesse, Angie would have been sort of an ally for David, that person to make him see reason when he can not.

:wub: That was a put-down-the-dish-towel-and-have-a-seat moment.

So true. Imagine being someone who can't stand Zendall but really likes Kendall/Griff having to root for my couple as they track down the killer of a character I hated. We had to endure months of that, so the show's been more than respectful of that nosy, mumbly idiot.

Damn, the economy is that bad?

• Members

I'm looking forward to the David/Angie scenes. The actors and characters fit well with each other.

The actors because they are veterans. Not "vets" but VETERANS. They've been through battles and wars. They know what it's like to work your ass of in spite of politics, crap writing, personal problems, co-stars with agendas, and the general asshatery that is being a contract actor on AMC.

I hope the writing provides the depth and layers deserve now and for the future. Hint: let the show end with Angie/Jesse saying they need to work hard on their marriage in light of the whole Lucy baby revelation even as David whispers in Angie's ear that he would've done the same thing Jesse did if it meant he could bring Leora back. Only to discover Anna has returned to Pine Valley seeking Jesse's help.

That tees up tons of story for the AMC novella, "All My Children: Love and Loss in the Daffodils"

• Members

Did anyone else think the way they were transitioning the scenes at the beginning was stupid...Lol I found that highly annoying for some reason!!

OMG I about fluttered into the sky when my Griff & Kendall had their first kiss! The second one was even better wub.gif LOVE them. I need them to pork at least once within the next 3 weeks. ;-)

It could be David, Jonathan, Jamie, or Jake. If it's not Jake then I don't see AMC delving into who else it could be. Really doubt it's David since he has SO much going on lately but who knows.

• Members

ICAM! Debbi & Vincent were both great and the writing matched them (thanks, Kate Hall!).

Me, too!

Yup.

I loved it too. I was actually thinking they should use that for the first few scenes every day.

• Members

If the show wasn't ending, I am sure Angie/David would have been pushed together. Maybe not full out romantically, but I think they'd move closer together to the point of friends. That alone would drive Jesse nuts. Darnell is so expendable. The magic of 20 years ago or whatever never really quite returned. Debbi is a keeper no matter what the circumstance. Darnell, not so much. Watch he moves to the websoap version.

• Members

I know I'm late to the party, but I also have to sing my praises to the Angie/David scenes! Highlight for sure.

Very interesting they decided to bring back David's past with his father, who drove himself to suicide in part due to Vanessa. Which btw, if the rumor is true that she is going to the AMC fan luncheon... then maybe we might just see her again before the finale! I mean think about it - she could be the head of this Orpheus Project. Orpheus sounds similar to Proteus... :unsure:

Archived