Y&R: Discussion for the Month of July

• Members

So let me get this right, we went through all this Ashely and Abby drama regarding Tucker just for him to say it's ok? I mean come on. I feel like it was a waste of time. What was the meaning behind all of it?

I am sick of Billy. I wish he would have left the show.

I'm very glad that Victoria has been combing her hair lately

I sure do Miss Nikki any one know when she is taping again?

And why is Colin still on the show? What purpose is he serving?

I was saying it for a while a few weeks ago, Y&R was good but these last few weeks I just don't know.

What I am mad most about is how MAB ruined Diane Jenkins. And Neil and the list could go on but esp Neil, Diane, and Sharon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SHe is but you know who is another one? Diane. She is so gung ho about her son Her son comes first blah blah yet she agrees to "fake her death" What about her Son? THat just goes back to TERRIBLE WRITING on the behalf of MAB and her foot long sub eating buddy Hog Sheefer

• Members

That's what I'd like to know. Unlike many of the new arrivals Colin has been a hit since day one. On his own, magical w/Jill, and hysterical w/Katherine. Why aren't they using him?

They back-burner him for months so they can have him facilitate a Cane return. Then they make him a baby stealer, hook him up with a zombie like Caleb, and a very crazy wife. How much is this guy supposed to carry? He's new and undeveloped yet he's supposed to pull 2 new characters along, in one of the strangest, most confusing stories I can remember. Isn't it enough that he's wonderful with the Y&R veteran characters? Use him with Jill, Katherine, Lauren, anyone, but he can't make Genevieve and Cane work if they don't, they need make it on their own with the rest of the cast too. I'm not against them using Colin with "his family" but he shouldn't have to be their platform and the only reason he's used. Colin will works well without them.

I know and they are back to square one with Tucker cheating on Ashley w/Diane and screwing w/Abbys head about it. This is so stupid, anyone who's watched this show for a couple of years knows Ashley would forgive Tucker in a nano second. Tucker has her wrapped around his little finger just like Victor so he knows it too. I guess they have to give them something to do until the "son" arrives. His serious head injury doesn't seem to make any different than before. I'd rather Tucker go than Diane.

I simple don't understand how new characters and re-casts are evaluated, its all backwards. If they aren't working like Heather and Tucker (and I don't think Malcolms that hot either), they just keep the awful going. They don't fix them, or get rid of them, they push, push, push failure. When they get a hit like Colin they don't use them,and MW/Diane seemed better the GF/Genvieve. It just doesn't make any sense.

• Members

I'm not really sure why Colin is still on the show. I like TR well enough but there's really no point. We (we = me) know he can't compare to Victor. We know the show openly spits on Jill. I would guess that they did initially plan for him to go - I imagine he was supposed to die or "die" when Genie Francis showed up - but then they realized that CK and Goddard aren't the best at carrying stories and this story probably couldn't be carried by Lou Ferrigno.

I also think they have no real interest in writing for Fluckers, but they need to fill time and they have nothing else for Ashley or middle-aged Abby to do.

• Members

I feel like one of the reason's Gene-V, Colin and others(Sofia, Mal...hell ALL the winter's minus Lily) aren't "working" with some viewers/people don't like them etc, is because that moron MAB is not as invested in them as she is in that old dried up prune/bastard Victor or the highly overrated Adam. Continuity and balance is not MAB's strong point. NOTHING is her strong point...she's terrible. :rolleyes:

Look at the Winter's storyline for example. They have this big reveal, are off screen for 2 weeks, come back for ONE episode and are gone AGAIN. :mellow: The fall out from what happened should be huge, but...it's not. :wacko: Personally, i actually LIKE Sofia, Malcolm and the crew. *gasp* I know...probably the only one here. I'd like to see them more...ain't gonna happen but i wish it would.

Bottom line is Maria's gotta go. :) Period. :)

• Members

Because the show cast is bloated. I don't get how Y&R is paying all these salaries when their rating are down. Not even hitting 5 million viewers. LML was able to that constantly. I really feel sorry for the next HW of Y&R. The have a hot ass mess to clean up on their hands. It's going to take years to undo this damage and I can't believe Sony and Bell Inc. Has let Y&R sink this low. Wife or no wife business is business. I bet we have to see a HH rating of a 3.0 for any changes to be made. And by the looks of things Y&R maybe hitting those numbers later this year. Even from a writing stand point, If I got a call tomorrow to write for Y&R I would not know where to begin but my first order of buissness is cleaning house( cast cuts), and Vic for sure would go to jail.

• Members

What are the agendas?

I understand people want to make money. I would imagine that means cutting costs and boosting HH ratings. It appears that they attempted to cut costs by not using are high priced veteran actors and giving that time to the out of work soap actors they can get at bargain prices. But soaps aren't a movie, numerous actors from another soap don't equal the one viewers are attached to, so aren't they losing money if it's not raising HH ratings? What is the value on buying a truckload of size 14 dresses for dirt cheap if you wear size 6? They aren't getting a bargain because only the most devoted actor fans will follow the new hire, which is just a noisy hand full. It seems more stop watching with each new hire because loyal Y&R viewers finally get sick of not seeing their favorites anymore and turn the show off for good. The new Y&R viewers that follow new hires from another soap become unhappy quickly because "their actor" isn't being used like Victor of Phyllis. It's a lose /lose for the viewers and owners/management isn't it?

So if it's not money/ratings what is it? Is their some strange compensation system in place which rewards executives for hiring someone new, even if it doesn't produce positive results for the show? Are executives friends with certain actors or agents and they are trying to employ their friends or send commissions from CBS/Sony their way in return for a favor? The show isn't benefiting but someone must be or they wouldn't be doing it, who is it?

Archived